What was your "coolest contact of the week"?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Sep 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K5JXO

K5JXO Ham Member QRZ Page

Second day on the air as a general and was helping my club with an event. Speaker wire dipole in an inverted V, 20m, and got two solid contacts with a station on the far side of Spain from central US. I’m hooked.

WA1GXC, KE8FWJ, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

It'll only get better!

3. WB8TCR

WB8TCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a nice conversation with Lou in AZ yesterday on 20 m SSB. That’s over 1600 miles from my QTH in MI. Given current band conditions, my 100W IC-706 MkII with a G5RV Jr at only 25 ft, I’m pretty pleased with my farthest contact yet since getting back on HF in over 40 years

WZ7U, W4IOA and W7UUU like this.
  4. KE8FWJ

KE8FWJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaker wire does do that to you!

You guys got some awesome coolest contacts, mildly envious indeed!

5. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Made it to China last week BG4WOM ....on 20m FT8 but regardless of mode my very first mainland China contact ever. I was surprised so much I about fell over and peed myself when the contact was completed and next day confirmed via LOTW.
    Haven't seen an Asian CQ since..

WZ7U likes this.
  6. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Reminds me of the little "Snoopy dance" I did years ago when I made my first DX contact across the pond into Israel with 4X4BL (SK).

W4IOA likes this.
  7. K5JXO

K5JXO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah I’m really digging it, I actually liked building the antenna and then getting that result blew my mind.

KE8FWJ, WZ7U and W4IOA like this.
  8. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I read this post- then worked W7UUU five minutes later. That was pretty cool.
    I wonder if a P5 would post on the Zed, if I would work him five minutes later??? :D

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.41.47 PM.png

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    W7UUU likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ditto!

Dave
    W7UUU

10. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

First time I tried 80m on my indoor monster loop it wasn't pretty, but I did get one station a few hundred miles away.

This week I saw some of the RT66 stations down on 80m and decided to give it another try, with a different transceiver this time. They were all very cool and then I snagged some DX before going to work. Like 80m now, so it's very workable from home.