What to send in CW without risk of getting a respons?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by SA5VOX, May 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

The RBN Skimmer aint much good since the map doesn't work anymore...
    We did great without them skimmers anyway...

2. SA5VOX

SA5VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, back after some intense weeks.

Thank you all for good advices, I will put these to the test!

Well first this is more a test of how far I could get with some homebrew QRP TX's and I also have the Pixie so I have a Arduino and made a really controller with that so I can loop my call with some delay in between and as suggested get it verified by the RBN's out there and then checkout how far I will get.
    The RBN's will perhapps not give me the true picture since I would guess thay need a rather strong signal but a hinch.

So far I did some spotting on the SDR's around Europe and from middle of south Sweden I reached into Germany, England, Italy and into Russia, this is perhapps a more accurate way. Not bad at all for a 0,6w transmitter and a dipole at 1,5 feet into the air!
    So far with so little effect?! I'm amazed!

And check, I would never send faster than I could receive if I would dare taking the step to actually call into the wild. That would be “suicide”. ;)
    I have found some equals in the CW knowledge and we are about to do some local test QSO’s to get us warmed up and try to learn the lingo before making any Cq’s outside our safe zones.

I will get out there because I like the simplicity of QRP. :)

WN1MB likes this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Fun stuff! Keep at it!

Great plan but don't be afraid to send out a general CQ. There is NO shame in sending "PSE QRS OM" provided you're sending at the speed at which you can copy.

A good op will gladly QRS for you and carry on the QSO.

72/73!

KC7JNJ and N8AFT like this.
  4. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

WELL SAID OM JEFF!

LEARN MORSE.
    DO CW.