What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

See ya next week...maybe! :D

[Carpal Tunnel] Regards,
    -Bruce

2. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You're not gettin' rid of me that easily. I'm just going to casually whittle away at it. No rush. Just a fun, little side project.

KU4X likes this.
  3. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This last weekend I worked KA6BIM in Oregon on 20 SSB. I am down to 5 states left for work all states on 20SSB QRP. Been waiting on Oregon and Idaho for awhile. At least this gives me hope I dont have try some NIVIS to get Idaho.

KA6BIM Dave was very helpful, he was calling for another state. He did not seem to mind me jumping in once I told him I needed Oregon.

KU4X and WN1MB like this.
  4. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I should have known better. I really should have...

...after reacquainting myself with Libre Office, I muttered "I think I'll just enter ten SKCC contacts and see how it goes." Those ten entries went reasonably well. Made a pot of coffee, which in retrospect was probably a mistake, then fired up a smoke (don't tell my cardiologist). Poured a mug of mud and shortly thereafter, undiagnosed but apparent by behavior OCD kicked in.

Caffeine, nicotine, and OCD: now there's a potentially troubling trio...

Long story longer, this morning I received an email from AC2C announcing my newly acquired Centurion "C" - effective 14-May-2020 @ 0000z.

So much for "casually whittle away at it", "No rush", "Just a fun, little side project", eh? ;)

I should have known better. I really should have.

K5MUG, KC3RN, KU4X and 1 other person like this.
  5. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I submitted my "C" application manually, too (a long time ago.) Do you still have a bunch of paper QSO's to enter for your "T"? That shouldn't take too much more coffee, smokes and OCD behavior either. Doing the Senator application manually will take a *couple* of "all nighters".

But if you haven't done it yet, download their logging software and start entering your QSO's into it. Before you know it, you'll have the 800 unique calls/numbers to qualify for "S". Don't worry about trying to keep track. The logging program will do it for you. There's a "Tools/Create Award Application" routine in there that'll create a whole bunch of text files that list all applicable log entries for you.

My problem now is I have a growing list of individual ADIF's and it'll take some coffee, smokes and OCB to import them all into one ADIF so the awards application will work. Maybe one day the SKCC folks will create a "President" suffix and that'll motivate me to do it?

6. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Been using the new Xiegu G90 all day into my MA160V vert on 40m.
    Checked into the Sunrise Net arnd 9am.
    AA9AA and I had a 2x QRP QSO this evening.

AJ6KZ likes this.
  7. N8AFT

Co8RRM in Habanna Cooba last night on 40m!
    OM Rafael is always a FB QSO just like Bert F6HKA...
    80, 40 es 30 bands were quite lacking activity.

KC7JNJ and WN1MB like this.
  8. KM4DYX

KM4DYX Ham Member QRZ Page

QRP-QRP CW on 40 with new ham (Oct 2019) W2ITT in NY. He's already learned Morse and has a fine fist.

AJ6KZ and WN1MB like this.
  9. N8AFT

Yup, Heard him!

10. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another successful backyard expedition. :)

I set up my 40m EFHW with the KX2 at 5 watts and had a super nice QSO with N1CC in Phoenix, who was actually operating remotely from Alaska! That's a first for me. I even got a 599 report and with 5 watts that is encouraging, even though it isn't that far away.

By the way, I'm using a Spiderbeam 12 meter mast to hoist one end of the EFHW up. That thing is awesome. Super tall and very stable.