What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks.

I always run the minimum power to make a contact. Most of the time it is QRP power using CW.

2. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Get a better antenna.

3. KB9BVN

I got an HW8 in February... just got state 32 with it the other night. It's a very good teacher of patience.

http://kb9bvn.net

72 es OO

KA0HCP likes this.
  4. KB9BVN

KL4BT likes this.
  5. KM4DYX

KM4DYX Ham Member QRZ Page

Lane, N8AFT, and I finally managed a SKED. Thanks again, Lane, for you patience and encouragement. You set a great example for other CW operators, and hams in general, to emulate.

Al

6. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

30M QSO to MN.
    1264miles with 5W into a 6BTV GP.
    253miles/watt.

449 RST b/w

7. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Al; You make me blush, hi hi!
    Real fine to QSO with you today. Always fun to work with someone who wants to try something new and excel at Morse.
    Keep up the good work. Hard to tell you were 5 watts output also. Good sigs here at columbus.
    72/73 lane

8. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Warren; FB on the 253mpw!
    Your TT Corsair looks alot like a Drake TR7 but that green digit made me look twice...
    Was running my TR7 QRP on 80m tonite and a 100mw Rock Mite op answered me from East Pennsylvania.

K7WFM likes this.
  9. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm new to this ham thing and I have a naive question: is it my imagination or are the bands far worse now than they were even in August? If they are, is this primarily due to seasonal factors, or the solar cycle? Thank you. Brady

10. KM4DYX

KM4DYX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Brady, how did that end fed antenna do for you at the RV park?

I'm certainly no expert on propagation, but I have noticed that we have had several days this month of elevated K Index, and that's not good for HF. I think that is what you are noticing. I believe that elevated K indexes can come at any time in the season or cycle.

We also experienced a total HF blackout this month, which is unusual.

On the other hand we also had a couple of days of enhanced conditions due to an elevated SFI.

Overall we can expect deteriorating conditions until the cycle bottoms out.

http://www.solarham.net/planetk.htm

Al

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017