What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You forgot "I've been a ham for 100 years and these are the worst conditions I've ever seen."

2. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't forget "too many Extras who didn't have to pass a code test."

3. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I had fun in the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt on Sun 8/18. I got a 2 hour late start but managed to make 10 QSO's using my KX-1 and a wire tossed in the trees. It was a little muggy out, but not too bad. 40 had far more activity, made most of my QSO's on that band. One or two of the QSO's were in NE & WI... not bad for a watt or two and a wire tossed into the trees.

KC7JNJ likes this.
  4. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a little fun this weekend worked a few stations in the NAQSO party. I worked about 10 or 11 contacts from TX,MN,AZ,CA,OH,ID. Though it was not many I had pretty good coverage to the midwest. It is always fun to hear them come back, and they have no idea at the time I am QRP.

KB2FCV likes this.
  5. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Two of my friends used to compete in CQWW CW weekend to see who could work the most entities running QRP. A few times they managed to work 100+ countries in the weekend. I always have a ton of things going on that particular weekend so it's hard to get enough time.. maybe one of these days I'll give it a go to see how many I can do.. or at least try to get some more towards qrp dxcc.

6. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have never worked a CW contest. Even when I did all CW, might be fun. Right now a worked all states is a challenge let alone a DXCC on QRP.

7. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

:p John Shannon, K3WWP, just kept on making a QRP QSO daily despite all the bad condx for the PAST 25 years or 9,131 QRP CW QSO's.
    Check out his web page and pix of his vy simple half indoor and half outdoor wires. His QTH is in a valley btw.
    I guess we can try, compensate and overcome or just warm the bench.
    Excuses not to try are many es easy, results take more effort...

8. KM4DYX

after.jpg Just added a new toy:

9. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

10. KM4DYX

Cleaned up pretty gud:

s-l1600.jpg