What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! I chased a SOTA activator in Quebec with 5 watts off the end of my end-fed on 30 M. Only 10 less countries than you (hi hi).

Al

KC7JNJ, MM3ENM and WN1MB like this.
  2. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Put a new radio on the air today, a Multus Proficio SDR. First contact was Wisconsin to Florida on 40M CW QRP. The Proficio has some good ears!

3. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Good /Great ears are needed in these times...
    Was it 2x QRP?

4. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Other guy was 100W with a low antenna.

5. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just had a very short QSO with NB6GC the USS Hornet 10.115. My first CW contact in at least 15 years (cold turkey). I sent him QRS after his CQ and he slowed down for me. I was so over my head, but it gives me hope that I might get my CW ear back. He was running 600 watts I was running 5watts. He had the better antenna for sure.

Contacts out there to be had, matter fact 20meters cw is jumping right now. But I am still wiping the sweat out of my eyes from this QSO.

KA0HCP likes this.
  6. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations OM! Welcome back.

Al

KC7JNJ likes this.
  7. N8AFT

Wasn't QRP but I was working portable with a 17' tall vert held down with my car's bk tire.
    Worked VA and OK on 30m CW from the parking lot during the Columbus Hamfest on Saturday morning.
    K8BBQ with me was pure QRP but had no results so I decided to run my FT857 built in the Igloo cooler QRO on battery and solar...

8. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday on 20 ssb I worked South Dakota and California. The high light of the day was hearing E73M from Sarajevo. I tried to work him but he was a little hard to hear, and had a pretty good pileup going. :(

9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a nice chat with F6HKA / Bert @ 0433z on 7054 running 15w output to a 40m OCF dipole up only about 20ft. He was 579 & he gave me a 559. We chatted for 20 minutes.
    gotta-luv-it :D

KC7JNJ likes this.
  10. N8AFT

OM Bert was my First CW DX...

W5BIB likes this.