What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I took a 9hr break (no sleep unfortunately). I had wanted to spend Thurs and Fri above 10k' but was not possible. The PCT runs right through Kennedy Meadows I was at also.
    Clifford

2. AF9J

AF9J Ham Member QRZ Page

VERY cool! LOVE the photos and the hike itself. I wish we had that kind of terrain around here. SOTA operating is cool, but unfortunately, Wisconsin hasn't been that mountainous since about a billion and a half years ago, when the Penokees were much much more than the worn down hills they are now. Oh well.

3. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh man I truly laughed out loud- I hear ya. I am very lucky to live in this area. Do you do any QRP or portable there from Wisconsin?

4. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Slow day for me...worked on my CW operating skills: zero beating, copying, and some sending practice (no TX.)

I'm pretty much done chasing DX with JT 65; had as much fun with that as I need, and it turned into a real time suck.

I'm going to really start focusing on CW. Still have some kinks to work out before I really get on the air with it. (I have exactly 1 CW QSO in the log.) I'll keep my digital skills honed with Winlink.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

Al

5. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

OK Al ! Great to know you've dedicated yourself to mastering Morse... It is an on-going process but very well worth it.
    There are many CW ops on 40m that will be more than happy to work you at any speed you're at. Just call CQ @ your copy ability speed.
    Keep up the good work!
    Let us know when and where for a QSO when u r ready.
    VY 72/73 frm Lane in Ohio.
    de n8aft sk ..

6. KM4DYX

Better get it in while you can, there's a storm coming.

sep 6 17.png

7. N8AFT

Ain't skeered....

8. KM4DYX

FWIW, I just uploaded email through two Winlink gateways at 300+ miles on 40 with 2.5 watts. Maybe this big bad wolf ain't so bad after all:
    latest.png

Al

9. N8AFT

Been having good QRP CW results on 7060 by calling CQ past few evenings after 8:30PM EDT.

10. KM4DYX

1400 Eastern, K-Index 8!!!

5 watts, 40 meters, 50 ft AGL dipole, pushed Winlink email through AJ4GU at 325 miles. Took 44 seconds, about 20 seconds longer than usual, but it went through.

Al