What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

ZCR; I'm spoiled here, using a Drake R7 and a B&W tunable tube type TR switch.
    A coaxial switch will be the cheapest way to go.
    MFJ makes a dandy RF sensing TR switch too but requires 12vdc.
    The NS-40 is a fantastic rig!

2. N8AFT

ZCR; Get your extra 40m xtals from eBay seller Possum Lodge.
    He has a variety pk of 40m xtals cheap.
    He is AKA 3rd Planet Solar too.

3. N8AFT

DYX; Can you do code?
    I'm not computer equipped. All classic rigs and modes here.

4. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

" Many are oblivious to the fact that 7030 is agreed to be a QRP freq."

I have to laugh at statements like that. How exactly do you expect everyone to know of every little
    feifdom on HF? If I hear a station I want to contact I call them. Between all the ' gentlemans agreements '
    ( Were these made at Gentleman's Clubs ? ), digital mode segments, DX windows, Net frequencies and ' we always meet here ' frequencies it is impossible to even try to keep current of everyone's little hobby horses.

W5BIB likes this.
  5. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I can do code, albeit my sending is WAY out of practice. Perhaps later on this year we can do a sked, after I've brushed up a bit.

6. VE7JBX

VE7JBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Made a solid CW contact Vancouver, BC to Rarotonga, South Cook Islands yesterday evening - Youkits EK-1C running about 5.5W to a 20m "contorted dipole" in the attic. 5366 miles isn't much in the grand scheme of things but for the SFI values being where they are, I was pretty happy with that and the 549 signal report I got back.

W5BIB likes this.
  7. N8AFT

OK Alan! get the key dusted off then, winter is a comin' and CW is a lotta fun!
    Minimal gear involved is a big plus for me.
    QSL on those supposed gent's agreements!
    From what I'm hearing on the air, 7030 is just another low band place for hi-speed CW DX ops.
    7060 was reputed to be QRP friendly but it's a grave yard. 7110-7112 has all about gone digi, another gent agreement?
    QRP and any on air fun is where you find it or start makin it.

8. N8AFT

JBX; It doesn't get much better than that!

9. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

10. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, just wow. Your photos are great, too. I'm surprised you went straight up, i need a few days to acclimate, i would have camped at Whitney Portal.

By the way California has at least two Kennedy Meadows, the one you found, also the one north, off hwy 108, and PCT, near sonora pass