What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

7050 es 7060 was hummin nicely Sunday from morning til late afternoon for QRP, then I went to 3560....

2. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I, finally, after 0ne hundred plus tries, was spotted on RBnetwork. I know I'm running low power and I know my fist is not perfect, but jeez louise, that took a long time. (Wipes sweat from brow, shaking hand turns off rig.)

Anyway, band condx not great lately. Still practicing sending. I'll be on around 7050-60 next week in the afternoon, hopefully.

Al

3. N8AFT

The RBN is such a neat thing... You can't count on it 24/7 since some of the participants turn off their gear sometimes.
    Yes, QRP signals being picked up on RBN from my QTH is dicey too, so it's not your set-up or antenna to blame.
    Keep up the good work friend, es enjoy the thrill of shakey hands while it lasts!

4. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Does RBN have a wpm lower limit? I have never seen less than 12.

5. N8AFT

Fair Question....

6. N8AFT

It shows my CQ @ 9 wpm today so I think Al is safe...
    he may just need to pound his key a little harder to make more noise. :)

7. N8AFT

Had a FB 2X QRP QSO with Randy, KB2PLW in Cocoa FL this evening on 3560. I had the HW8 and a hot 4 watts into the dublet.
    Earlier on 7060 I met up with Al, KM4DYX and him running his new SGC rig. Sounds like a new one Al ! A real winner!

8. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks to some patient Elmering by Lane, N8AFT, I'm finally relaxing and making incremental improvements with my sending CW.

Sorted the power supply (Yaesu FP-1030A) for my "new" SGC 2020 so I can push 20 Watts now...please don't ban me from this thread. I'm still a QRP guy at heart.

Used a webSDR in England to listen to my test signal this evening...sounded pretty good if I do say so myself. Love playing with those things.

Stretching out my Winlink legs...1031 miles to VE1YZ with the rig set to 15 Watts is now QED.

72/73,
    Al

9. N8AFT

Won't ban anyone... Your digi experimentation sounds fun. It's surprising the difference in signal when running 15 to 25 watts vs 5 at times.
    If I know the other op is struggleing to hear me I will bump up the pwr if on a big radio. No shame in that.

10. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Definitely no shame in running a little extra power. QRP is for fun, a little extra challenge beyond "armchair copy". If it stops being fun, there's no point.