What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

We have not only analog television here so far, but many people still use CRT TVs. Especially in poor localities.
    Yes, I live in the slums now, but nobody cares about my wires on the trees and the empty beer bottles on ground =)

2. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

I found out today the Uverse digital signals were over-riding anything on 30m. Using my new gnd mtd 30m vert in the back yard 40ft from the AT&T wires and cable TV. So turn about is fair play. Now TV's and puters are the interferrence of the radio!
    Ended up with a dedicated RX wire in the front yard and an MFJ TR switch at the rig, problem solved, FB QSK, back in business and making QSO's on 30!.

WD4GOZ and K7WFM like this.
  3. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Set up a new 31' Jackite pole in the yard today. Haven't hooked a rig to it yet.
    Setup time ~ 10 minutes. I plan to place a 4:1 unun at the base and run
    two 33 foot radials on the ground to test it out for portable QRP use.
    DSCN2083.JPG
    The guy foot print is very small, which is good. The pole is very stable setup this way.
    DSCN2084.JPG

4. N8AFT

A proven combo! I did the 2x6 and pipe bracket base to park a car on mount with a 30+ foot aluminum telescopic. 4:1 un-un works great you'll love it!

K7WFM likes this.
  5. K7WFM

I tested it this morning and the antenna tunes up nicely on 80-17M. Good reports from the RBN with 5watts.

6. N8AFT

I like the RBN but find it's not a 24/7 service since many of the monitoring stations QRT.
    I $upport it when I can.
    Even with Thursday's dismal band condx on 30 I worked a QRP op in Virginia.
    Hope the prop improves for the weekend, if not it won't deter many of us... 72!

7. N8AFT

Warren; Is the wire on or up the Jackite vert or hor polarized? Length?

8. K7WFM

Vertical. I electrical taped it on the outside of the pole at a few points as I raised it up. 18ga wire and 31 feet in length.
    It's still up this morning. I want to see how it survives rain, slight breezes, and 30 degree temp swing. Still standing. :)

9. N8AFT

My full sized 43' MFJ telepole es wires iced over a couple of yrs ago. It bent over just like a fishing pole, beat on it with a board to shock the ice off it and it snapped right bk up. Still in use.
    The Jackite is vy rugged. Awful hard to retract at times due to the secure fit.

K7WFM likes this.
  10. N8AFT

VLAD; Love your photos on the US7IGN bio page!

US7IGN likes this.