What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I attempted to activate W4V/RA-016 (Cove Mtn in SW VA). I managed 2 contacts, but two others were barely above the noise floor and either they couldn't hear my reply or I couldn't hear them after the initial call. Either way, an unsuccessful activation, but great hike (the last half mile before the summit is more bouldering than hiking) and beautiful views.

The trail:
    IMG_20200822_140250073_HDR.jpg

View from the summit:
    IMG_20200822_161340558_HDR.jpg

Station:
    IMG_20200822_144822020_HDR.jpg

"Shack buddy"
    IMG_20200822_143402952_HDR.jpg

Chris

WN1MB, WW2PT, N1OOQ and 1 other person like this.
  2. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ohio QSO Party today. Only heard “AGN?” A couple of times.

3. KF9VV

I also have been hunting POTA stations running QRP from home. Most fun I have had in a long time.

4. K9RKA

K9RKA Ham Member QRZ Page

Great weather this morning. Unfortunately only one station could hear me but not get a good copy on my call. Need to make a dipole as I think the power lines were working against the Wolf River coils.

Attached Files:

US7IGN likes this.
  5. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should not let your dog operate your set. The slobber and teeth marks on the frequency dial are a big turnoff! :)

KA5NLY and K9RKA like this.
  6. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Another QRP activity with my friend UT3UFD.
    He does not know the CW, but he brought some beer, and I fried the meat.
    Have had a couple nice QSO also )

Attached Files:

WN1MB, W5BIB, WW2PT and 3 others like this.
  7. ZL4NVW

ZL4NVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Packraft out to Horomaka Island to put a hut on the air in a park on the air on an island on the air! All counting towards those 3 respective NZ QRPers QRP awards.

https://hota.qrp.nz/huts/981

Nice flat paddle out in sudden rain. Interesting paddle back in 30kph SWerlies.

Yaesu FT818 into 80m EFHW, inverted V on a 6m telescopic pole.

Contacts made on 5w QRP, 80m at 1pm. One of which was hut-to-hut ~400km, both operators backcountry QRP portable: 5w and 3w respectively.

Who says 80m is no use in daytime?!

Go QRP. Go bush!

Attached Files:

WN1MB, KI4POT, N1OOQ and 2 others like this.
  8. KF9VV

Kansas QSO Party today. I’ll hopefully be able to put an hour or two in again Sunday.

9. KI4POT

I activated Blue Mtn (W4V/SH-030) in Va today. I did two summit-to-summit contacts over 2m FM (one was 20 miles, the other 50), a contact over 20m, and another over 18m. Beautiful weather and a nice 4 mile round-trip hike.

No pics because the summit isn't particularly photogenic being a location for several radio and cell towers.

Chris

KD8ZM, US7IGN and KU4X like this.
  10. KI4POT

I suppose this counts...
    I went for a 4 mile trail run and decided to toss my VX-7r, some RG-174 BNC Coax, a BNC terminal, and two lengths of wire cut for the lower portion of the 6m band into the Camelback.

My route takes me past a bluff overlooking a river. That bluff has a large log lean-to that someone built years ago. On the way back, at about mile 3.5, I stopped off at that lean-to, set up my dipole, and proceeded to call CQ on 6m AM at a whopping 1w of carrier. :D

No responses. :confused:

Maybe it can be a new radiosport. What nifty name can we come up to describe the radio equivalent of beating your head against an RF wall after abusing your body? :p

Chris