What QRP Operating Today?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KM4DYX, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM4DYX

KM4DYX Ham Member QRZ Page

Today I did a little 1 watt WSPRing on 40 meters - made it to VK6CQ, 11,546 miles from my QTH. I also did some 2.5 watt Winlink email with N9LOH, 722 miles.

What QRP ops did you do today?

Al

KB2QQM, K4AGO, YF8RQN and 3 others like this.
  2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Tried a new headset/mike combo on my KX2. Worked like a champ for only $14.

20M was dead here. Oh well. Still had some fun working up the new interface.

KB2QQM likes this.
  3. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

On Sunday worked a contest. Approx 40 SSB contacts in 5 hrs of pedestrian mobile and portable.

K7III, CA6CCV, AJ6KZ and 4 others like this.
  4. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Set up portable Saturday at Fair Radio in Lima (Lie Ma) Ohio. K1 and 1/4 wave vert for 40 pipe mtd to 2x6 car tire parked on.
    Didn't make any QSO's but had good conversations with fellow hams attending the event.
    Night prior however I had long CW QSO's with Montana and Texas using the K1 and full wave Hertz @ 30'.
    VY 72/73 from Lane de n8aft sk ..

YF8RQN and W9BRD like this.
  5. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

QRP Fun
    I try to run some QRP on 7030 kHz and nearly all the guys who answer are running 100 W full power from their rigs. Many are oblivious to the fact that 7030 is agreed to be a QRP freq. Some years ago I ran exclusively QRP on or near 10106 and worked many European countries with a vertical ant, now 10106 seems to be a DX pileup freq.
    I started on my novice months with a one tube home brew QRP transmitter on 80M, and if you can get a QSO going in the summer on 80 With QRP, you grow nerves of steel dealing with the lightning noise :D
    Most summers I go camping with my MFJ single band rigs, a cub for 40M and a 9030 for 30M, they do well with my light weight dipoles I made for camping hanging in tree branches. Never have a problem getting some QSOs over a weekend at the lake or in the woods. .

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    YF8RQN, KC2JAV and W5QJE like this.
  6. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

"Don't Lie Ma ! She knows Lima is in Peru" !

7. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

i envy you below 5 watt guys. You have to have the patience of JOB! i primarily work 40 cw. I can tell the qrp guys that respond. There signal is barely readable!

KA5NLY, YF8RQN, KJ4DQQ and 1 other person like this.
  8. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

QRP builds not only patience, but persistence, and prowess, too.

Have a look at http://www.qrpdx.com

You don't always get them, always have to "wait your turn," but it is astonishing what can be done.

It's a lot like dating, a constant mix of hopes, dreams, perpetual striving, mistakes, disappointments, despair, missed opportunities, interspersed with an occasional triumph.

KF9VV, AJ6KZ, NR9R and 1 other person like this.
  9. N8AFT

OK John; LyeMah, hi hi....

10. N8AFT

Not always barely readable signals when running with the "good stuff" for ears and hearing aids.
    CALF filter from 3rd Rock takes a big edge off of that lightning! Turn OFF the AGC too! makes it fun to work HF agn in summer with storms.

KE5ES likes this.