ad: w5yi

What made you choose AM?

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Aug 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

You play with your toys and we'll play with ours and the twain never shall they meet. We won't bother you and you don't bother us and that will be just dandy for all concerned.

WD4IGX, N8AFT and N6YW like this.
  2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

If you hate AM so much what dragged your sorry ass over here to annoy all the good folks on here?
    I operate SSB also plus CW and you dont hear me whining.

WD4IGX, N8AFT, AC0OB and 1 other person like this.
  3. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

KM1H -
    ?? Who said I hated AM? I said I don't have much use for it, big difference. Another assumption on your part is that my ass is 'sorry', and that all the good people are annoyed by my presences. And bud, you haven't ever heard me whine. Bless your little heart...

and...

KA4KOE -
    Sounds like a good idea to me! Thank you for your permission to do what I'm going to do anyway...
    Oh! And bless your little heart too...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  4. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

The other attractive thing about the Northeast AM scene in the 70s was the lack of pretentious participants.

There was an attitude.

WB2CAU, WD4IGX and AC0OB like this.
  5. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

I didn't know "room" was a technical term in RF communications, so did you mean to say, "occupied bandwidth" of the resultant SSB's RF signal?

The bandwidth of an SSB signal is only meaningful if you don't overdrive the Amp, or if you don't over compress the audio and splatter up and down the band, or hit peaks that exceed the amp's power supply's capability to cause you to sound as if your voice is being modulated with 120 Hz AC, as is often heard.

Your animus toward AM is shown in your last sentence and the demise of AM isn't going to happen soon, so get over it!

The original question was, " What made you choose AM?" Since you did not choose AM, why come in here and make rediculous comments?

I think your commented was simply an effort at S.D.

Pheel

WD4IGX likes this.
  6. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahhh, it's always the Knaves.....what shall we do?

7. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I stopped having to 'pee' over buses a long time ago, you're wasting your time.

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I think its time Billy tosses this troublemaker

WD4IGX, N8AFT, WA3VJB and 2 others like this.
  9. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

AGREE!

10. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, the ratio is more like 3 to 1.

But in my very limited experience, the typical AM QSO is often a roundtable, with several participants.

So while the QSOs per kHz might be less with AM, the number of hams on the air per kHz with AM may be greater.

WD4IGX likes this.