What logging system do you use?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KJ7ISA, Dec 10, 2019.

?

What logging system do you use? (Select all that apply)

1. QRZ Logbook

51.6%
  2. ARRL Logbook of the World (LOTW)

54.1%
  3. Hand-Written Logbook

30.8%
  4. I do not use a logbook

5.0%
  5. N3FJP

25.8%
  6. Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD)

23.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ7ISA

KJ7ISA Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you use a logbook and if so what logging system do you use? Why do you like that logging system?

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Problem is that there are many ways to log. On-line, off-line with appropriate software, or paper.

QRZ is a logging program / site with an awards system.

LOTW is a repository for logs that folks want to use to apply for various ARRL and CQ magazine awards.

Here at radio WG7X, I use N3FJP's AC log for general logging and some contests. N1MM contest logging software for most contests. (N1MM will also work as a general logger, and it's free!)

I then upload logs to both LOTW and QRZ. In addition, when I remember to, I upload logs to Clublog.

Have not logged on paper since the early 1990's. Too time consuming.

Off line logging programs are everywhere, some of them are totally free, others are not. Which one you use is a personal preference. I have, over the years, used at least four, maybe five different programs. I finally settled on AC Log because it is easy to use, low prices but with loads of features that are important. Look around and you will find programs out there. Like everything else, folks usually have a favorite.

LU4YPJ and KJ7ISA like this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I use a computer logging program (MacLoggerDX) and upload to the online ones: LOTW, QRZ, eQSL, HRDLOG and Clublog.

KJ7ISA likes this.
  4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use a computer logging program (N3FJP) and upload to LOTW.

KJ7ISA likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

N3FJP

Dave
    W7UUU

KJ7ISA likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I hope you don't mind - I added N3FJP as an option, as it's a VERY popular logging platform

Dave
    W7UUU

KJ7ISA likes this.
  7. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use Ham Radio Deluxe in the shack as my logging software. It automatically uploads in real time to several online sources.

All total I use HRDlog, ClubLog, eQSL, LOTW, QRZ log and QRZCQ log.

KJ7ISA likes this.
  8. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Call me a Luddite

I use Microsoft Excel for logging.

LU4YPJ, WA3YAY, KG7WGX and 3 others like this.
  9. PY2RAF

PY2RAF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wrote my own - Sends immediate and simultaneously to QRZ, ClubLog, HRDLog and eQSL.

Brewing LOTW support - Feeling a bit lazy to fiddle with OpenSSL but will be done shortly.

AE8W, LU4YPJ and KJ7ISA like this.
  10. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been using paper logs as long as I've been licensed, have been using the QRZ logbook for many years as well as LoTW which I think of more as a QSL confirmation service than a logbook (not very user friendly for logging calls as they happen) and recently started using the Ham Radio Deluxe logbook which then uploads to QRZ, LoTW and eQSL but I still keep a paper log.

Over the years I've occasionally gone back and flipped through my old paper logs and it can be really satisfying to see what kind of stations I was working back in the day. Electronic logbooks just don't feel the same from a review and nostalgia perspective so I still keep paper logs and expect I'll enjoy flipping through today's log books some day in the future maybe just to see what was possible during a long solar minimum ;)

W5ESE, AE5SB, AK5B and 1 other person like this.