ad: Alphaant-1

What kind of signal / jamming is this? (10 Meters)

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by PD2H, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. PD2H

PD2H Ham Member QRZ Page

Friends

Over the last two days I'm hearing a strange noise on 10 meters, about 100Khz wide and centered around 28.500 Mhz where I read S9+10dB. There are definitely 2 stations involved, alternately transmitting this weird digital signal. It makes most of the 10m band unusable for me. It's not local because I tested several WebSDRs where it can be heard too and even louder than on my dipole. I made two screenshots, one from the University of Eindhoven WebSDR and one zoomed in on 28.500 from my DM780 waterfall. Does anyone know what this is about. My QTH is in JO21bt. Thanks for any info. 73's -Jan/PD2H

example1.JPG

example2.JPG

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

hmm, clicking on the links shows "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I suspect this was a troll post with a spam link the mods caught.

Nothing to see here.

Dave
    W7UUU

4. PD2H

PD2H Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a troll post, nor am I spamming. I was just asking an opinion about this and hoped some of you guys might shed a light on this weird signal. The transmissions were gone last night but I'm still wondering what t was. I did not attach anything to the pictures and clicking them just shows a larger more detailed version.

Regards/73

Jan de PD2H

5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

6. PD2H

PD2H Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, thats exactly the same thing as I heard. The other thread does not shed any light on what it is and whom is transmitting this. There's quite a lot of bandwidth on 10 meters but since it's around 28.500 its still quite annoying.

Again thanks for providing the link

73's Jan / PD2H

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Apologies to you Jan. First post with 2 dead links most often would be spam/troll posting.

Clearly not in your case. Sorry.

Dave
    W7UUU

8. PD2H

PD2H Ham Member QRZ Page

No problem!

The intruder seems to be an Iranian over the horizon radar. Seems to be around for quite some time, intermittently. I'm a new HAM so I have to learn things ;-)

73s -Jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.