ad: elecraft

What killed Ham Radio? Exactly?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9BVN, Apr 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying we should all do the same things or agree on it. I'm saying we should not get our collective panties in a twist when someone does something different than we do.

For example, I don't care if another ham (HAM/HaM/hAM/H@M) is strictly a DMR/DStar via Hotspot user. It doesn't affect me at all. More power to them. Or, I don't care if a ham selling gear only accepts wampum in exchange for their battered rig (no returns due to parts swappers!). I'm not obliged to buy, so I don't care. They can fill their boots.

But I also expect the same level of benign neglect when I choose to do the things I do in this very broad hobby. You may not appreciate or approve of it, but if it doesn't prevent you from doing the things you want to do or isn't illegal (different than honest mistakes in operating), there's no reason to concern yourself with my activities (Not "you" specifically, speaking in the general sense).

Chris

N6HCM, VK4HAT and PU2OZT like this.
  2. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You misunderstood me.

Folks getting their panties in a twist is what keeps things interesting. At least here…

The key is not getting butthurt about it. Its a give and take. Some just can’t take it and thats fine…for those there are other places where harmony reins and everyones panties always stay nice and neat.

KI5WW, WG7X, AD5HR and 3 others like this.
  3. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a shame we can't 'like' a single posting more than once. :D

N2EY and KE0GXN like this.
  4. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Let add a HOA thread along with a whackertastic EMCOMM thread topped off with a “You will never Guess what the ARRL is upto!” Thread!

NL7W, K9BFK, K8XG and 1 other person like this.
  5. KE0GXN

And while we are at it..
    0AC24BA9-04C9-46C3-A0F0-3DE1845BBC76.jpeg
    :D

NL7W, UT7UX, KP4SX and 3 others like this.
  6. KE0GXN

Only if you are not invited. ;)

7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Alas, no...for some here...any ham who's has anything to do with emergency communications and has anything to do with the local EMA is a WACKER. ;)

8. KE0GXN

All in good fun OM. :D Here is one just for you…:)
    B052A3D1-AE1C-4248-8305-00734BE08F32.jpeg

KF0DHQ, NL7W, W4NNF and 2 others like this.
  9. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

That's even better, Rob. :)

10. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

There is plenty of discord being sown right here Tony :)

KE0GXN likes this.