What is the difference between Blue Call sign letters and Black in the logbook?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KD9PDJ, Jun 13, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD9PDJ

KD9PDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The column Call - what determines bold blue call signs and plain black letter call signs?

2. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Per the FAQ Page...
    A: Bold-blue callsigns in your logbook indicate that the user has a QRZ Logbook and can reciprocate QSO entries for confirmation.
    Normal-black callsigns indicate that the user does not yet have a QRZ Logbook. Why don't you invite them?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  3. KD9PDJ

KD9PDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks

4. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

It should be noted that this behavior is currently destined to change in a future release of the logbook software. We have been working very hard to improve both the usability and performance of the logbook system and while this may seem like a small things its actually quite a heavy task to perform behind the scenes.

When the update rolls out all callsigns in the main logbook view will be shown in Bold, Black, Monospaced letters to make them easier to read.

5. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's how it looks to me.

6. KT3LZY

KT3LZY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same....must of just changed in past hour

7. WD4CNO

WD4CNO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So it has been changed to Bold and Black.
    I guess we no longer have a way to see if they are members without looking at details.

Or is that a future change too???

N2IPH and NK2U like this.
  8. N0PUI

N0PUI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I see the same here now. Just check them all as requesting confirmation and it tells me which went through and which calls were skipped. Just saying what I see.

9. VA7KXK

VA7KXK Ham Member QRZ Page

mmm, interesting , mine's all bold blue now. Tried resetting etc, still all bold blue.

MM3AWA likes this.
  10. K2RU

K2RU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there somewhere that Announces these changes or describes future plans? Seems Users only learn of them when the system breaks down. It would be, IMHO, better to know the objective and the benefits that the Users will see with the updates, rather than just the disruption caused by unexpected and, in this case, for me, seemingly unnecessary, changes.

NK2U, N0CEL, N4XU and 2 others like this.