WHAT IS THE BEST LOGGING SOFTWARE FOR FREE!!!!

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by EI6GTB, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. F6GCI

F6GCI Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would encourage all to read the 'EHAM" reviews before trying this--i was all set to give it a whirl until i read about the uninstall issues............:confused:

3. G4FUT

G4FUT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If, like me!, you just want a simple program which does the same job as a paper log book, but with some fancy bits then its so easy to use MS ACCESS.
    I think that a lot of "logger programs" have gone the same way as mobile (cell) fones; lots and lots of unnecessary gizmos.

4. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Necessary is the wrong discriminant. Nothing in this domain is necessary, but the replacement of manual effort with automation can improve both accuracy and convenience. If you're happy with Access alone, for example, then you must consider typing in each QSO's frequency (or frequencies) and mode a pleasant task. Some users prefer their logging application to automatically capture this information directly from the transceiver, as its faster, and more accurate.

Its a personal choice.

5. RD3AJB

RD3AJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Free logbook for PDA

I'd like to offer free logbook for PDA with Windows Mobile 2003 or higher. It runs on devices with .NET Compact Framework 2.
    - GPS
    - telnet and internet clusters
    - supports logging from PocketDigi
    and many other features.
    The primary language is English (secondary Russian).

http://rx0sd.ucoz.ru/logKPK/_3.4_standart.rar - for 320x240
    http://rx0sd.ucoz.ru/logKPK/_3.4_qvga.rar - for 640x480

English description is at:
    http://rx0sd.ucoz.ru/logKPK/PDA_log_description.rar

Any ideas and other words are welcome !

6. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

DItto, been using for 2 months and it is really great. Has been very stable. Really build by user for users.

It does take some learning just due to so many features and capabilities.

7. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

An Excel file would be your best bet I think. I used this for awhile and Excel works well, there are even several "excel logger" programs out there for free that builds in DXCC and WAS type features.

8. RD3AJB

For desktop PC I'd recommend a UR5EQF logbook, not Excel nor Access.
    It's too many features in this logbook to compete with it. And it's updated almost every day - if you look on it's thread in forum qrz.ru, you'll see a lot of messages every day - new ideas, tests, remarks and proposals makes this loogbook real good.
    And by the way it keeps its data in access database - you can always get them for your needs, if you like :)

9. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

again though, i would have to say stay away-- i usually trust the ehams reviews. and the last thing you need on your PC is a program that wont uninstall.................it might not be a problem, but until some reviewers post that, i think a word to the wise.............

10. RD3AJB

I won't argue, because I didn't try to uninstall it - I just never thought of uninstall :) I just use this logbook from the begining as a main storage of my QSO and haven't had any problems. My second logbook is free MixW - I use it as a primary for it's good digital modes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.