What is a Ham Radio Curmudgeon?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI4CFS, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What's Google?

N2EY likes this.
  3. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It’s an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.

4. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That is a sign of the times. Online, people are listening to every conversation in the room and many feel they have to comment, even if they have nothing meaningful to contribute. In person, these same people are having a single conversation talking about something they are familiar with.

W0FS likes this.
  5. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Google is good for many things, but it's not the best at looking up hobby specific jargon. I DID google it and all they had to say was that a lid was a cover for a jar or a measure of weed... Pretty sure neither of those definitions were what I was looking for... WD4IGX gave me a nice reference.

6. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hone your Internet search skills, as they're lacking. A Google search of the terms "what is a ham radio lid" nails it right away.

And I contend that search engines are awesome for looking up hobby specific jargon. The key is that you must at least clue in the search engine to what hobby you're asking about...ffs!

KI4CFS and W0FS like this.
  7. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Pulease. This is getting rather ridiculous.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes. It is.

N4GKS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.