ad: M2Ant-1

What is a Ham Radio Curmudgeon?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI4CFS, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI4CFS

KI4CFS Ham Member QRZ Page

What is a Ham Radio Curmudgeon?
    I have met curmudgeons of all ages. A curmudgeon is someone who first finds what is wrong, why something can’t be done or reasons to give up without trying. Curmudgeons may eventually notice the good, what is valuable or what is currently working well, but they tend to focus on the negative. For example, “‘Echolink’ is not real Ham Radio,” or “those (name) radios are junk.”

What are your views on what is Ham Radio Curmudgeon?

To me is finding what is wrong first without contributing anything positive. I personally think they hurt the hobby. I find more on-line and seldom seen when actually talking to someone on Ham Radio itself.

KI4CFS - Martin Brossman

N0TZU and WW2PT like this.
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh man, you are new to the zed. ;)
    Curmudgeonry is the lubricant of this Discussion Forum in particular, and it isn't long before the usual dispensers are evident. I think it's an internet thing in general but I can't say for sure.

FYI, this isn't the tenth time this particular subject has come up, but thanks for a timely resurrection. I think a refresher is long overdue.

W1TRY, NL7W, KX4O and 8 others like this.
  3. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Personality variants are present in all walks of life not just amateur radio.

Somehow these images come into mind:D

upload_2019-10-14_15-11-0.png

upload_2019-10-14_15-12-1.png

upload_2019-10-14_15-12-30.png

VK6APZ, KI4CFS and AG5CK like this.
  4. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Right on target, Eric!!

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Animated-paratroopers-jumping-out-of-airplane.gif

KA4DPO likes this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I'll say this, OM... You've come to the right place!

I've been feeling a little curmudgeonly all day, myself. :D

7. KI4CFS

KI4CFS Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you define a curmudgeon? :)

8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You mean you really don't know?

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

back in MY day, we used to call CURMEDEONS (Or however it is spelled) "CODGERS"
    thats what I am , an OLD CODGER. One foot in the grave and only hours, days or months (or Decades) to live!!!

GET OFF MY **&*&^&^&%^&%^&%&^^ LAWN!!!

OH wait, I don't hava lawn!!

I tried growing grass once (the non-fun kind) but Gophers swiss cheesed it. I boughta lawn mower and tried to mow it. I wound up having to use a weed wacker. SO I just let the grass die. NO LAWN HERE

SO GET OFFA MY DIRT!!!!

Theresa lotta guys here who are Chronologically older than me, but you are as OLD as U feel!!
    I feel I am way past a HUNDRED NOW!

I am getting to be a common sight in Crest riding around on my scooter. I take the scooter from the house to the car, house to the mailbox, house to the clubhouse and library and house to the Tacko Shop for a pitcher of beer!!

I used to be a 2XL but now am up to 3XL! I better stop eating all those McDoubles before I reach 4XL!!!. But McDoubles are CHEAP!!!! and I eat food only cuz I need to recharge. I would much rather plug my self inthe wall like my cellphone, but instead I hafta get on the POOT POOT SEAT every morning whether I like it or not! Gotta keep the Plumbing flowing as a blockage would be MISERABLE!! They'd have to go in with a ROTO ROOTER on me!!! I should be gulping down the METAMUCIL becuz thats what us OLD CODGERS DRINK is METAMUCIL and ENSURE!!!

But I drink a Pitcher of Beer instead every few days, that keeps the pipes from clogging!!!

So I don't have long to live! But it sure is taking a LONG LONG TIME to die!!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    AE7LP, W0AEW, W2AI and 6 others like this.
  10. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

curmudgeon
    [kərˈməjən]
    NOUN
    1. a bad-tempered person, especially an old one.

N0TZU likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.