what happened to QRZ?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KB7UXE, Nov 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N4IAG

N4IAG Ham Member QRZ Page

They're referring to the 'new' homepage. The rest of the site is the same, so far.

2. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The change isn't growing on me. It still is bad.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

! :eek:

Dave
    W7UUU

4. N5INP

N5INP Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're going to do it that way for goodness sake at least organize the tiles under headings! As it is it's simply a disorganized bunch of tiles. What went through the designer's mind in this revamp is beyond my comprehension. Not very smart.

5. W5GM

W5GM Ham Member QRZ Page

The new home page is TERRIBLE. I guess QRZ wanted it to look like windows 10. It's just html BARF. Keep it clean and simple.

6. W8MRL

W8MRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe this will help. Use the following link and bypass the absolutely terrible home page although it's not much better.

What in the world was he thinking? http://www.qrz.com/page/site.html

WA7PRC likes this.
  7. W8MRL

W8MRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How much data are we using now on cell phones etc. to load a page with all those photos as opposed to text? This change is terrible.

8. KW4WL

KW4WL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hate to admit it, but I don't like the new format either. I've tried to let it grow on me and it hasn't. It's bad on an actual computer, but I HATE it on my tablet. On the tablet the screen scrolls from top to bottom as the tiles populate and then it bounces back to the top. It is very annoying and very slow. I'm not a platinum subscriber, only a lowly premium subscriber, and I don't mind the adds, but I really dislike the new home screen format. Please go back the way it was.

9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

The list format is an improvement over the grid (tile) format.

10. W8UAB

W8UAB Ham Member QRZ Page

New and Improved never equates to better for the consumer...

W5WAY likes this.