What Happened to MFJ's Website?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA3TJI, Jul 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K4AGO

K4AGO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Cut MFJ a little slack. These are not normal times. "A work in progress" takes a lot longer today than "a work in progress" did 4 months ago. MFJ has not taken a step backward, they are just trying to catch up after the world was shut down due to the Pangolin, rare; Kunk Flu Bat Soup on the side, menu was posted at your favorite Chinese takeout.

KA4DPO likes this.
  3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Every time a company hires a new person to run a division they can't help but make changes even if they aren't better.
    We had 6 different leadership changes in 8 years when I worked at another company. They hired entry level college grads who came in, screwed things around so they can say they did, then move on using their changes on a resume as experience. Very few hired are well versed in actual operations of the business, just generic business. It's what we like to claim as progress.

KI7HSB and KA4DPO like this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

^ Ha! Been there, lived thru that!

W4IOA likes this.
  5. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

From what I can see, MFJ is open for business, a little slower maybe, but they are open, more than I can say for some other radio manufacturing companies.

6. KA3TJI

KA3TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Like I said in my opening post, I'm not knocking MFJ for their efforts, I'm just offering constructive criticism from my PoV. . I'm glad they are open and plugging away as we all have the same struggles to a varying degree. I've purchased many items from MFJ, especially parts over the years and the people are great to deal with when you have to interact with them. Prices and service are great as well, so I commend them. As for the website, it isn't ready for primetime and should have been tested in the background and not released into the wild until it is ready for release. I'm sure it is affecting their business more than it is the customers that visit. I'm sure they will get it straightened out and I wish them the best.

7. WD8ED

WD8ED Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are ways to run websites in the shadows. This way you can run the stable website (make money and not torque off your customer base) until the new website is proven stable and ready for public consumption. I'm sure this is costing some sales and parts. Must be nice to be able to throw money out the window.

Ed

KI7HSB likes this.
  8. W2NC

W2NC Ham Member QRZ Page

That's how it's always done so I'm thinking MFJ suffered a catastrophic failure and lost their is site. What convinced me was when I emailed MFJ support for help logging into my account and they told me my account is gone along with my support ticket and purchase history.

Nobody drops their customer database as part of a site redesign. Somebody messed up big-time.

KI7HSB likes this.
  9. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you do webpage development for small businesses on the side?

10. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, I'm sorry. I no longer do side contract work anymore since my current position / contract forbids me to do side contract work. Though I was primarily an infrastructure architect for most of my technical career. (building Enterprise and Internet infrastructure) I have just worked closely with developers and have done mostly DevOps development. I wouldn't consider myself a web developer, but I know enough to be dangerous! :)

KI7HSB likes this.