ad: Alphaant-1

What Freq do i send Winlink on for 2m and/or 70cm

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI7NPM, Aug 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI7NPM

KI7NPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings Fellow Hams,

I Just got a Rigblaster plug and play and wanted to test it with some 2m and 70cm winlink transmissions (probably into a digipeater then into a Igate). My issue is I dont know what freq I should be transmitting on to hit the Winlink servers. I plan to send some simple messages to Commercial email addresses. I look forward to sending winlink on HF once the parts for my Long wire antenna arrive.

Please and thank you for all the advice

AF7XT likes this.
  2. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Commercial email addresses"? Not sure what you mean - you can't conduct any sort of business via ham radio, so if that's the intent, then don't.

There is no set frequency for WINLINK. WINLINK nodes operate on the frequency their owners designate. You can search for packet WINLINK nodes near you on their web site. https://www.winlink.org/RMSChannels I see several nodes in your area. To find them, click on 'packet' at the top of the map.

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

27.065 works.

KD5RJZ, W7UUU, KQ9J and 7 others like this.
  4. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

26.965 if you want to send it as Urgent!

KD5RJZ likes this.
  5. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Excuse my ignorance but what is Winlink, where are these Winlink servers and what is an Igate ?

6. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

7. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

It's what ARRL membership funds.
    It's also one of the reasons there are so many technician licenses.

KD5RJZ and ND6M like this.
  8. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Where is the "Super Duper Like This Post 5,000 Times" button when you need one :D

KD5RJZ likes this.
  9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

It should be noted that while I said the purpose of Winlink was free email for sail boaters, this is incorrect. Sail boat owners now refer to their boat as a "yacht". So Winlink continues to be a way for yacht owners to get free email which is available from pay services.

KC9YGN and AF7XT like this.