ad: HamInsurance-1

What does LOTW do for you?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD9MPK, Jul 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You don't need to convert anything.
    TQSL handles Cabrillo files directly.

W4NNF likes this.
  2. W5ESE

W5ESE Ham Member QRZ Page

You can.

I had several Cabrillo format log files for contests that I had manually typed Cabrillo in a plain ASCII text editor (I wasn't doing computer logging at the time).

I used this process described at the url, to import the QSO data into a spreadsheet, and then export to ADI. I used LibreOffice on Linux Mint, but you could use Excel equally well.

https://members.storm.ca/~ferch/spreadsh.html

Once you have a template spreadsheet set up to work from, it gets easier to process other contest Cabrillo files.
    I was able to export these to LoTW successfully in TrustedQSL.

I have a few LoTW confirmations as early as 1977. It gives me something of a charge to get online confirmations for contacts that occurred over 40 years ago.

N2EY likes this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

That's the rush I'm looking for. Not an 'award' necessarily, just confirmation. Thank you very much for this. I have some work to do.

4. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

N1MM is excellent contest logging software. It's free and is kept current for all types of contesting, SSB, CW and digital. It will export both Cabrillo and ADIF files, and you can then just upload the ADIF file with LoTW's TQSL program without having to use another logging program like N3FJP. It's just what I do to meet my needs and interests. Huge time saver for me.

Good Luck and 73,
    Steve/k8bz

N2EY and WZ7U like this.
  5. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I also use HRD. It integrates with LOTW and eQSL very well. Just one click uploads to LOTW nice and easy

6. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bull. The problem a number of people have is that due to unreliable mail delivery at their location the postcards never reach them. And yes, multiple addresses were tried. And yes, they were changed in the ULS before requesting a new code. So the problem before was that wasn't a known workaround for those cases and messages never were returned. One of the things that has changed is that there is now someone who can help with these cases and who actually responds to emails.

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't blame LoTW for poor mail delivery - haha!

N2EY, N5XH and K8BZ like this.
  8. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What does LOTW do for you?

== lotw_and_friends.jpg

LOTW JULY 24 2021.jpg

================ lotw6[1].gif

W4NNF, W5ESE and N5XH like this.
  9. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

And how mail delivery (or lack thereof) the fault of LoTW or the League....

N2EY and KP4SX like this.
  10. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"So the problem before was that wasn't a known workaround for those cases and messages never were returned."

Reading is fundamental.