What do you plan to do on Field Day 2019?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC3SWL, Jun 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi
    Just more curious than the cat in what all of you on here have planned for Field Day 2019.
    Our club plans on having it at a local members QTH and several radios in operation throughout the timeframe.

I myself plan on taking my rig, a laptop, and a Signalink out to do some digital work as a demo.
    I look forward to operating some FT4 , FT8 , maybe some RTTY if possible along with other modes if I can.
    My station will be the TS430 , a Compaq laptop, and a wire dipole up in the trees.

I look forward to working as many of you as I can . The SLRC club also will be operating on 40, 20, and 80 meters, as well as possibly 10 meters.
    Plan on putting a kick into the hobby and hearing lots of you on the bands.
    Chris

2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Go help the club set up and eat a donut. Maybe even in that order. We get creamed each year by the multi gigawatt clubs out of SoCal.....

3. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

No longer participate since it has transitioned from a realistic emergency preparedness test to a contest environment

NY7Q, NY4Q, K7WFM and 6 others like this.
  4. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is quite true, but I still work a little bit of FD most years, mostly for nostalgic purposes. :)

ND6M likes this.
  5. KG5UN

KG5UN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to work so I have a good excuse not to participate.

6. AG6QR

AG6QR Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure that it ever was that realistic, but at any rate, it's what you make of it. You can make your field day operation be a realistic emergency preparedness excercise, a contesting operation, a public outreach, a training opportunity for newer hams, a social event, or any combination of the above.

Field Day is not the purest of any of the above, so people who want it to be purely just one of them will not be satisfied. But it offers a combination that gives something for most hams to enjoy, even as they enjoy complaining about aspects of it they dislike.

I think that's why it remains just about the most popular operating event in North America.

K1TGX, K7JEO and WD4IGX like this.
  7. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I plan to play Field Day from the home QTH on battery power. Mostly CW, but might make a few SSB contacts. I have a big honkin’ 100 pound AGM battery. Will see how long it holds up without recharging.

NY7Q and KF5RHI like this.
  8. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Plant some beans.

N3AB likes this.
  9. KZ4KX

KZ4KX Ham Member QRZ Page

Not exactly sure but the last program I downloaded for ft-4 said it would be disabled on field day. I plan on making some cw contacts if I can find a slower group. At 15 wpm those contesters as to fast for me.

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm amazed at how hard the WSJT-X team works to try to control how people use their software, which is released under a license that says people can use the software however they want. :)