What do you like most on ham radio and which hobby do you have except this one?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by OE5CWO, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8EPC

KD8EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

I play guitar and have fires i also work part time and when im doing neither of those im either on here or sleeping oh wait i do school too hahahaha

2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fab is certainly a character, I enjoyed reading that.

I am a lot less exciting. As for what part of radio I enjoy the most, I will have to say contesting. I started a few years after I got involved with radio and have loved it ever since. I can't wait for upcoming contests now that I have weekends off and am making more money and have a car instead of a gas guzzeling van I can actually start to go guest operate more often.

As for my other interests, I am interested in computers, politics, music, food, UFOs, travel, movies, and I love to read whatever I can get my hands on.

3. VO1GXG

VO1GXG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio : Just being a ham

Others:
    Politics,Music, Planes trains and automobiles,electronics,History, Photography. Urban/rural exploration.

4. KU0DM

KU0DM Guest

Oh yah, forgot my other hobbies!

Music (listening), climbing (anything), paintball, pick-up games of anything, was going to run cross country but am sidelined with a knee injury, and boy scouts.

5. KB1NYQ

KB1NYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

CONTESTING!!!!!! and holding a pile up with out saying my age... unfortunately since no one is on if i call for dx i have a pile from Europe and some Floridian lids that wont shut up.

Then of course i like to run the USA and talk to awesome people all over the place. It seems that i talk to lots of grandfathers with granddaughters that want to talk to the radio. my most recent was w4to who has his granddaughter Cristy at the mic. well now on to other hobbies.

other hobbies

hanging with friends, talking with girls that don't STFU, doing anything on my puter, Pro Tools, anything pro audio, school tv station, conceptual thinking, saying funny nonsense, making my self laugh... the list goes on (note the last few are bs)

6. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

Name here is Brent
    19 years old, Studying Electrical Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology. By far my favorite aspects of the hobby have been the community, homebrewing, and ragchews.

Ok, Back to work, Late Night!

7. KX5MOT

KX5MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well i'm 26 and i enjoy operating VHF and UHF and also experimenting with digital voice on VHF and UHF(P25) and i also like to experiment with the not-so-popular bands 900MHz and 220MHz.

I am a huge collector of Motorola commercial radios and aside from radios my other hobbies include Ford Mustangs, car shows, guns & shooting. I also like to play around with emergency vehicle lighting and other bright lighting devices.

8. W8HDU

W8HDU Ham Member QRZ Page

I like building, from metal fabrication, to PCB work. I got the bug when I needed equipment and I couldn't afford it, so I built it. Later, after I could afford it, I just got enjoyment out of making something from scratch and having it work. Love building antennas and tuners/coils.

Also like working on my 92 Buick Roadmonster.

9. KC2PMW

KC2PMW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm Andrew, KC2PMW

I have been licensed since April 11, 2006. My favorite part of ham radio is public service and EmComm (Field Day). My dad is a volunteer firefighter so get some of the public service/emergency service from him.

Outside of ham radio, I like photography (amateur), computers (amateur, but want to move up), and I manage the swim team at school.

10. WX5CJK

WX5CJK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm Connor, KE5VOY.
    I'm 15 and was licensed in July 2008. What I like most about the hobby is its public service opportunities. I love being able to go help out at the EOC and storm chasing. I do all this while also juggling Varsity Football, which practices until 6:15 every day and choir, which is also in full swing during the fall. Can't wait until spring storm season where I could actually get out and spot.

73's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.