What did you do today that no one else did?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

QSL cards do the trick too! Better if they have stamps and stuff but they still strike awe.

PU2OZT, W0AZ and KY4GD like this.
  2. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Spent half an hour replacing a toilet seat (https://www.amazon.com/Sharper-Imag...eywords=led+toilet+seat&qid=1632713044&sr=8-6) that should've been a ten-minute job. Chalk it up to Yours Truly, who thinks he can eyeball 4-3/4-inches with some semblance of accuracy. Nope.

It's hard to speak well of a toilet seat, but this one has a slow-closing lid to prevent slamming, is easily removable with a press of a button (so it makes cleaning a breeze), and its nightlight is useful, too.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    N0TZU likes this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I was gifted a pickup truck today, just for being (naturally) helpful. Can't beat that.
    Well, it's at least 45 years old and it shows all of it. I bet it eats gas like crazy too (390ci, auto trans). But I don't look gift horses sideways at all, because it's the right thing to do.

I bet I won't have any issues with a mobile install in this rig. ;) Driving past a gas station...... :oops: :rolleyes:

N0TZU, W7EDC, K4NWD and 4 others like this.
  4. KP4SX

Soooo...what model is it?

5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

With a 390c.i. it must be a Ford of some kind.

6. KP4SX

And its at least 45 years old so it may be a 1976 or older.

7. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

1976 Ford F-150

[​IMG]

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, pretty close Steve. I think it's only a ranger, f100. But you guys know your ancient steeds well. Great guesses. I was an early teen when this vintage was minted. '76 was a great year for me!

Here's the pics I got. Due to other people's previous engagements it won't arrive for a couple weeks. Not in any hurry...

123_1.jpeg

123_1(2).jpeg

123_1(1).jpeg

After a serious power washing, let's see what is left. Not a sample to be run right to media blast, might lose too much. :D
    Certainly something worthy of going through and see what's needed for safety. Anything this old always gets all new fuel rubber, tanks drained and shaped up and cleaned carb/new fuel pump as a minimum, if everything else is worthy. So easy to get upside down on things these days. But again, free is a very good price. LMC here I come :eek:

VK6APZ, N0TZU, AD5HR and 3 others like this.
  9. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Was very thrilled to receive my very first QSL card yesterday. Unfortunately Brazil's Correios do not use stamps anymore, too bad, a shame!! might them be taken over, very soon, probably by some China Gov entity.

Oliver

N0TZU likes this.
  10. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Went to take a fire engine to training and discovered a problem with the steering box. Parked it and stayed to midnight pulling all of the tools and equipment off of it along with 3,000' of hose and transferred it to the engine we just purchased that we are in process of getting quotes for a full outfit of tools for. Now I will have to swap all of this stuff out twice and then install the new stuff. At least I got an idea of what will go where and what won't and what we will need to mount the tools.

N3AWS, N0TZU and W7EDC like this.