What did you do today that no one else did?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Split 10 face cord of hard maple
    and cherry.
    0933DD48-42DD-44B9-9042-B2D32BF08E6E.jpeg E6015FF4-0FCC-4ADF-BB45-F94103BB3988.jpeg

VK6APZ, WJ4U, W7EDC and 5 others like this.
  2. N7VGO

N7VGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure no one did what I did yesterday and today. Yesterday we went to the Washington State Fair and enjoyed REO Speedwagon and STYX. it was a good day. And today I had cataract surgery on my right eye. Got Dry Eye now so tomorrow we will get some eye drops. Hopefully we made a good choice, cause the left eye is coming up.

W7EDC, PU2OZT, N0TZU and 3 others like this.
  3. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They didn't give you eye drops to use after your surgery?

My dad had cataract surgery in 1998. They sent him home with two types of eye drops (one was an antibiotic) to be used several times a day. He hated using eye drops and never used them. Result was his eye never healed properly, and he refused to get the other one done because "the first one didn't work". :confused::eek:

W8IXI likes this.
  4. W8IXI

W8IXI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope you save some cherry for smoking chicken. I discovered that by accident maybe 35 years or so ago...

73 Mike

SA1CKE likes this.
  5. W8IXI

W8IXI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent post. I got cataracts, glaucoma, and some other stuff from a grandmother. When we were in adjoining rooms, at the same hospital, me at age 46 and she at twice that (yes that would be 92) for gall bladder surgery, she walked over to my room with a nurses aide with a bottle of timoptic, as we were both on the same prescription for glaucoma and mine had been left at home.

As she said at the time, it was the least she could do. My sister and a cousin, all grandchildren, ended up with gall bladder disease.

Due to her age, she was not a candidate for laporoscopic surgery, so she got the old eight inch gash and recovered after a time.

I got the laprascope and left the hospital at noon the next day, in my street clothes. She made it to 96.

My point in all of this is to know your family history and be prepared to repeat it.

6. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Attended the retirement of a very good Air Force Wingman of mine who:

1. Gave thirty years of excellent medical care to all service members, dependents, all beneficiaries;

2. Deployed five times;

3. Represented all that was honorable, just, and worthy of the US Air Force.

KG4RRH, N0TZU, KY4GD and 8 others like this.
  7. N7VGO

N7VGO Ham Member QRZ Page

8. W9JEF

W9JEF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Got a second W6LVP amplified receiving loop. This one in the shack, for quick positioning. Afixed a hole saw into the drill chuck, and the piece cut out, trimmed a bit in order to accommodate the inside of the PVC pipe.
    DSC02276.JPG DSC02316.JPG
    Jim
    EARTH: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    KG4RRH and N7VGO like this.
  9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Helped my 89 year old dad change a tire on the chisel plow. Of course he drove us to and from the tire shop for the new tire in his pickup! :) He's getting ready for soybean cutting and winter wheat planting.

KG4RRH, N0TZU, N7VGO and 3 others like this.
  10. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Babysat two grandsons for the weekend, one is three and one is five. It was a lot of fun, as it always is to be around them. I tried - several times - to get them interested in a handheld radio I had brought along. I let them listen to local repeaters, and also the Worldwide TG91 on DMR. In my mind, they were seeing something wonderful and magical, but they kept asking "why" type questions that I didn't have a good answer for.

They are very young, so maybe in a few years. Their older sister is 7, and when she visits here, she always makes it a point to ask what countries I have communicated with lately, and she likes seeing me bring the countries up on Google Earth, on the radio room TV. She is fascinated with learning in general. The boys are plenty bright, but, well, they are little boys. They spent a full hour telling Alexa to make fart sounds. And the REALLY sad thing? I laughed at a few of those Alexa sounds myself.

KD2ACO and AD5HR like this.