ad: chuckmartin

What did you do today that no one else did?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Gotta love those no-mortise hinges
    Mike N3PM

W9JEF and KP4SX like this.
  2. W9JEF

W9JEF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I also matched my 80 meter NVIS turnstile (with its 4 feeders tied together) to the output of my power amp (with the grounded B+), in prep for the Stew Perry Top Band DX Challenge (already underway).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    W7UUU and K0UO like this.
  3. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Went for a jog with this guy. I'm sure others jogged today with their dogs BUT there is only one guy like Trooper Nope.jpg

N0TZU, W7UUU, W9JEF and 1 other person like this.
  4. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

ha,pretty sure...my other money sink, doing 80/460 mustang once more. had all but car. ordered car pickup today from missouri to indiana...

Attached Files:

5. W9WQA

old one 25 yrs ago...

Attached Files:

6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Looked at a tree laying on the bank of the Mississippi. In my expert opinion i believe it's been chewed on.
    20201012_120628.jpg

PU2OZT, N3PM, W7EDC and 1 other person like this.
  7. N6YWU

N6YWU Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrote some code in Chipmunk Basic to generate modulated IQ signal samples from an FT8 code block.

W7TCT likes this.
  8. W9WQA

ever notice on tv how the "experts" do a quick shot with a level and declare, "yep its plumb" and move on. ?
    if the floor is level the side has to be plumb. if not level the side cant be plumb.
    they never explain that. the side has to be square with the bottom regardless if hung right.

9. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

gh wd.jpg
    Nature's pencil sharpener?
    Or, with more of those notches, a very large gee haw whimmy diddle---

Mike N3PM

W7TCT and W4IOA like this.
  10. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh gosh!!! When I saw this post, I had to look up the author - Ron Nicholson and his Chipmunk BASIC! I used that on my old Mac II Si in the mid 90s for several years. I used it for mostly prototyping some ideas that I used at my job: a training app including some personal use of importing FAA tests for practice taking them, some very early HTML and website manipulation, and integration with some Logo apps. Very fun.

I had also had email communication with Ron as to some suggested edits with his manual.

BTW, I upgraded the Mac II Si by overclocking from 20 MHz to 24 MHz with a 48 MHz crystal and, ready for this? 17 Mb of RAM. Oh yeh!

If anyone is looking for a basic BASIC that just flat works, this is the one.

I gotta get the Raspberry Pi version and play with it just to see if I remember anything.

73 to Ron and your family. I hope to get a QSO with you sometime.

WJ4U and N6YWU like this.