What causes "anonymous" likes and "deleted user" likes to appear?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by W7UUU, Oct 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I've seen this before on some of my own posts, as well as posts of others - where below the post the message merely reads "1 person likes this" instead of "W7UUU likes this" or whatever actual call...

I have absolutely no one on ignore - haven't for a very long time in fact. So it can't be that.

So what causes the anonymous like thing to happen? Outside of curiosity I don't really much care - but I just like to know how stuff here works.

See screen capture below....

Thanks

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2019-10-16_17-16-10.png

KC3OEE likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Here is another example, where a "deleted member" causes a 'like'. To my knowledge, anyway, no members have been deleted in the time frame of this post - which is just over an hour ago

What causes this?

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2019-10-16_18-6-30.png

KC3OEE likes this.
  3. KC3OEE

KC3OEE Ham Member QRZ Page

I just liked the post. I'm in the system as a non ham right now waiting for my call sign to be added as my user name and status changed. See if my 'like' changes as my status changes. Just a thought ...

4. W7UUU

I see your username just fine - TURTLECREEK as the "like"

So I do not think that's what is at issue. I'm sure it's not a "problem" - merely a curiosity on my part

Dave
    W7UUU

5. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does it change if you login/logout and view the same post?

6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've also seen the same things and wondered about them too.

7. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I assume administrators and moderators have a good deal of control over the forum. Do they have that amount of control to cause the action on "likes"?

9. W7UUU

No - I checked that. Makes no difference

Dave
    W7UUU

10. W7UUU

Not that I'm aware of or have access to

Dave
    W7UUU

K3XR likes this.