ad: Mircules-1

What can be done to interest new blood here on the zed?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WZ7U, Dec 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

While it's nice to see the occasional new guy on here, like the title asks, what can we do to be more interesting to the new (& old too) blood out there?

W2AI likes this.
  2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ohhh i get to go first.

index.png

Age is irrelevant, attitude is everything. The above image says it all. I am not a regular poster on redit, the people there do not know me from a bar of soap and yet, there is a lot more appreciation there for posting something you have done than there is here. If you were a newbie, would you stick around if all you get is a grunt, a few get off my lawns and a whole lot of tumbleweeds flowing through the post?

Why offer a word of encouragement when there are opinions and stupidities to debate? Why make friends when you can surround yourself with those that agree with you on everything and have an echo chamber that amplifies your bias? Take a good look around, its we the people who are the reason why there is no diversity here. New people are not welcome and not wanted.

And those are the facts Jack.

K9DWB, KI4ZUQ, N2EY and 17 others like this.
  3. ZS6US

ZS6US XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm quite new here.
    Posting my first topic a few months ago I got some snarky and mean comments presumably because I was new on the forum and a fairly new amateur. Things like that can easily chase new people away from the forum and even new amateurs away from the hobby.

K9DWB, N9UO, K8HIT and 26 others like this.
  4. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very little, if anything can be done to entice the new and old, Eric. The same topics on this particular forum seem to be rehashed over and over again. Technical questions appear to be best asked on the Technical forums of this website. Quite a few knowledgeable hams hang out there.

Another matter that will turn people off is the constant personality clashes, squabbles and skirmishes that frequently take place here from the usual suspects. That will never change!

Go with the flow! For me it's for entertainment purposes only.

BTW, it's freezing cold here in the Upper Hudson Valley (NY)-- temperature is -3 below zero!!!

K9DWB likes this.
  5. W2AI

4 Jacks and a Jill

6. VK4HAT

Lol oh Dan you crack me up.

W2AI and WZ7U like this.
  7. VK4HAT

Welcome aboard.

K9DWB, N0TZU, W2AI and 1 other person like this.
  8. KC3PBI

KC3PBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought qrz was the holding pen for all the hams who couldn't play nice on actual social websites?

W7USD, AE8W, W9FL and 7 others like this.
  9. VK4HAT

That does not bode well for you an me Harris lol

WZ7U likes this.
  10. W2AI

Rob, the The group hails out of South Africa and still performing to this day!
    http://www.4jacksandajill.co.za/

upload_2020-12-19_4-44-10.png

VK4HAT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.