What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by KL7AJ, Mar 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

christopher reich's legal thrillers.

suggestion-

randy wayne white's 'doc ford' thrillers.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll have this one in hand on Monday, but it's not shipping yet:
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, my "read it last week" book was
    [​IMG]

That one's fiction, but really good! I like Patterson, going back to Along Came a Spider.:)

N3AWS likes this.
  3. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Started the final book of the Mickey Haller series last night (not sure if there will be additional books in this series).

The Law of Innocence by Michael Connelly.

The first several chapters have been great, but I got to bed really late and at 1:34AM I had to put the book down and get some sleep (I was a zombie on my first call this morning).

4. W8IXI

W8IXI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"Holidays in Hell" by P. J. O'Rourke

P. J. and I had our favorite bars, just across the same little alley. Sometimes there was a bit of crossover. This book is from 1986, and just predictive about where we are today. And BTW number two son ended up in the same dorm as P. J. thirty-some years later, and got to meet him on a P. J. return to his alma mater.

W4HAY likes this.
  5. KN4LGM

KN4LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

PU2OZT and N3AWS like this.
  6. N9LCD

N9LCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The South Sea Bubble
    By Lewis Melville. London, 1921

An interesting but somewhat read about one of the world's first "great" scams. Human greed, culpability, and criminal tendencies have changed in over 300 years. You might think you were reading about Enron, WorldComm or Madoff.

At least they knew who to deal with directors of a criminal enterprise back then. They locked the directors of the South Sea Company in the TOWER OF LONDON and confiscated their property / estates to compensate investors for their losses!

PU2OZT, F8WBD and N3AWS like this.
  7. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I am impressed with the breadth of the group. I would not have predicted that level of literacy to be common in a bunch of old guys sitting around in a stained white undershirt, beer belly and all, whilst belching, and droning away on 75 meters; No kids No lids No space cadets
    (yes, I heard him many times)

OTOH, I have no highly intellectual reading list to impress with. I have had to resort to writing my own books and stories, salting them away, and after I have forgotten what I wrote, reading them (with snorts and giggles)
    Forgetting what you have written is one of the surprising benefits of senility :D
    (I should write a book on that)
    The most recent is a 100,000 word novel, The China President (be awed at my brilliance, Clancy)
    Of course it is too soon, even for me, to have forgotten so the pleasure of reading it has to wait - no wine before its time (unless it is Ripple)

8. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

PU2OZT likes this.
  9. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

The Delinquent Teenager Who Was Mistaken for the World's Top Climate Expert

[​IMG]

PU2OZT and N3AWS like this.
  10. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Book of God

45C8AFD6-DFB4-4490-B175-7F18B6A975A6.jpeg