What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by KL7AJ, Mar 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, Pharmacotheon was good. Once upon a time, I really enjoyed Ott, Wasson, McKenna, DeKorne etc. I just picked up Angel Tech because Alli built on top of RAW's interpretation of Leary's eight circuit model, and I thought it might be useful to me. It really isn't though, at least not right now. Leary, Crowley, et el are striking me as more 'mystical' than I care for these days, and I am not sure if it is because I have grown into a more static reality, or because I have lost touch with that part of myself as I have aged. I haven't read Morris, and probably should, but I need something light in the meantime, to cleanse my palate. Maybe Deathbird Stories, it has been in the back of my mind to reread that for some time now.

93/93 mate

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does listening to Audible Books count? Right now I'm listening to "Rising Sun", it's an alternate history where we lost the battle of Midway. If it has to be a "real" book, I'm constantly reading and re-reading the user and advance user manuals for the FT-65R I just got last weekend.

KO4ESA and KY4GD like this.
  3. KY4GD

Is there anything cooler than reading the manual for a new toy? Seriously, it is like the afterlife of the anticipation you feel when waiting for it to arrive...

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. KI6J

KI6J Ham Member QRZ Page

Estoy leyendo El ingenioso hidalgo don Quixote de la Mancha en el español original.

W7TCT, WA1GXC and DK7OB like this.
  5. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

qrz.coms forums

KO4ESA likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Colour out of Space"

Dave
    W7UUU

[​IMG]

W4ZNG, KO4ESA and KY4GD like this.
  7. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will say that the Yaesu manuals and menu system leave a lot to be desired! Still, not going to stop me from getting a 991A later this year.

KO4ESA and KY4GD like this.
  8. KY4GD

"I was about to buy a Lamborghini Aventador, but then I saw that the manual was written using a Helvetica font, so I went for the Ferrari instead."

KO4ESA, KT4PH and US7IGN like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Now?!?

Now?!?

KO4ESA likes this.
  10. DD5RK

DD5RK Ham Member QRZ Page

Practical Introduction to Network Analysis by Joachim Müller

it is about to use a network analyze

Rüdiger
    DD5RK