ad: M2Ant-1

What antenna is on the box of the ICOM 705?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KE0FAN, Apr 6, 2021.

Tags:
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KE0FAN

KE0FAN Ham Member QRZ Page

I was looking at the graphics on the ICOM 705 box and was curious if anyone knew the name / brand of the antenna shown in the background of the image that is in a "V" configuration?

2. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

300 bucks ?. ill forget it...

K7WFM and KU3X like this.
  4. KE0FAN

KE0FAN Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the Chameleon F Loop 2.0 with good success. Buddipole as well. Just curious more than anything else.

5. KD7NHM

KD7NHM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use the AL-705 and it works great. I made a contact from here in Phoenix to Oregon on the loop from my kitchen table inside the house while eating breakfast with 10 watts. 8AM contact on 40M.
    It just takes a bit of patience to tune it but it does get close to 1.5-1 SWR.

6. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

FWIW: Tuning a small loop consists of two things: Tuning the loop with its capacitor to resonance at the operating frequency, which can be very narrow and sharp. Once tuned, it's feedpoint impedance is very low, so the next step is matching that very low impedance to the rig.

7. KN6SU

KN6SU Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a "V-dipole." It doesn't seem to have any traps, like the bigger models made by Comet or Diamond. Google "V-dipole" and check the images that come up. You can jury rig your own using a pair hamsticks tuned to the band you wish to use.