What’s up with the bands?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4HWD, Jun 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have to quantify it. Why should I? We are really talking about our impressions, not trying to prove something for a thesis. I know what it was like before and I know what it's (yes, usually) like now.

Licensed ham numbers mean absolutely nothing. How many of those get a license either for possible EMCOM or just on a lark, maybe get an HT, find there are few people to talk to locally and even less reason to talk to those, put it away and rarely or maybe never touch it again?

2. WA4KCN

WA4KCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do appreciate your enthusiasm and never die attitude. The entire happening is very sad to me.

3. N3AT

N3AT Ham Member QRZ Page

Person 1: There is no truth

Person 2: Are you absolutely certain that is true?

The mantra of perception is reality, is pure nonsense. Some people have no interest in verifiable data and facts. Best to let them live as they choose. You can lead a horse to water ....

4. WA4KCN

Of course you are right. If the number of licensees corresponded to on air activity, we would not be a witness to the slow and now stark decline in activity that has been seen over the last decade or so. Since ham radio is a communications hobby, it takes many people participating at the same time for the hobby to work well. That is now in a steep decline and has been for several years. I do appreciate those who maintain a never die attitude.

5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In a hobby the people you hear on the bands is far more important than numbers in a license registry. Not everything has to be quantified to be meaningful.

6. N3AT

N3AT Ham Member QRZ Page

Has it ever occurred to you that your rig, antenna, or location, might be the real issue? Are you even willing to look for the facts? Your earlier posts tell me that you are not. Forgive me if I misread.

7. WA4KCN

That is not the real issue. The real issue is ham radio is in a steep fall because operating levels have dramatically fallen. We have too many amateurs that are hams but are not ham radio operators.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm hearing a broken record.

9. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think it is that.

I think people are told no sunspots, and do not turn on their HF transceiver.

WA4KCN likes this.
  10. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page