Western Union-again

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W4KQB, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W4KQB

W4KQB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I posted a want add for the Heathkit HP-20 power supply. Yes-I immediately received three emails. one from italy and two from UK. when asked for photos, no one could send. one said he had errors trying to attach and two just ignored me.

One of the UK guys said he had the registration number from UPS which he attached a convincing bar coded "registration" ticket and I needed to send money by Western Union so he could pay UPS to ship. Well, I asked for call signs to all. All three said they were "private" sellers. I did not come down with the rain yesterday. No way-I will not wire money to anyone .

I can see where some unsuspecting honest person would wire money only to find out you get nothing in return

As stated-not all overseas folks are crooks, but see them on qrz and then make phone contact. I offered COD terms and has worked out.

Just beware!!
    Ricky
    W4KQB

2. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm thinking of moving to the UK so I can get in on some of those scams. They must make a lot of money.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. NY3V

NY3V Ham Member QRZ Page

COD? What would happen if you opened the box and found only worthless building scraps?

4. W4KQB

W4KQB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

On COD-the point is-you open the box THEN-pay. That is the purpose of COD-you see what you have before you pay. If nothing, you refuse delivery. Works for me every time.
    Ricky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.