ad: CQMM-1

Western Ky. FD Plans

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K4JFD, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4JFD

K4JFD Ham Member QRZ Page

The Murray State University Amateur Radio Club and the Marshall County Amateur Radio Association will for the second year in a row combine resources for the North American Field Day exercises on the weekend of June 25th.

The emphasis is on collaboration with the Calloway County Office of Emergency Management in particular, and operations will be sponsored from an EOC back-up location at room 237 of the Industry and Tech Building of Murray State University in far Western Kentucky. “While the county and city (of Murray) have been working on several EOC back-up locations, such as a mobile communications trailer, this stationary location will allow a 2F + GOTA station, as well as a sat and a VHF station,” according to MSU-ARC President Mark Garland, K4SDI. A PSK31 station may also be operated.

Garland works directly with the Calloway County OEM throughout the year. In recognition of emergency operation familiarity, he said he would like to follow a personnel “incident command structure” for the event if possible.

The session is open to all who are interested, regardless of club affiliation, FCC License Class or even the lack of a license. Murray State University is located about 50 miles southeast of Paducah, Kentucky. I-24 is the closest main traffic artery, stemming off to Highway 641. Talk-ins should be available on 146.940 (K4MSU), 91.5 pl, normal offset.

http://glocker.home.mchsi.com/home/mcara/

http://campus.murraystate.edu/org/msuarc/main.htm

2. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I attended Murray State, back when it was Teacher's College. Lived on N 16th st. 315 as I recall. The school had as many students as the town population otherwise. Nice place. Home of Nathan B. Stubblefield, one of the claimants to being the Father of Radio.

Pls say hello to Chad Stewart for me.

TOM K8ERV  Montrose Colo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.