ad: k1jek

Wesley D. Jennings, WL7F SK November 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Nov 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Wesley D. Jennings, WL7F SK

Updated Nov 23, 2017 (0)

FAIRBANKS - A Fairbanks man is dead after his snowmachine collided with a vehicle on the side of the Parks Highway near Nenana on Tuesday Nov. 21, 2017.

Alaska State Troopers responded to a report of a vehicle collision near Mile 325.5 Parks Highway about 5 p.m. Tuesday, according to an AST press release. Wesley D. Jennings, 52, of Fairbanks, was driving a 2016 red Bearcat snowmachine south on the outside of the northbound lane of travel. Chun-Hsiung Hsu, 58, of Taiwan, was driving a 2017 red Dodge Journey northbound when the vehicles collided.

Jennings was transported to Fairbanks Memorial Hospital where he died from his injuries. The Dodge sustained about $5,000 worth of damage and the snowmachine was a total loss.

No other details were available Wednesday evening.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/alask...cle_fde29e9c-d084-11e7-aef8-339bb3f121b1.html

2. KL1JP

KL1JP Ham Member QRZ Page

Larger than life, boisterous, talkative, innovative, loud, always pursuing one more QSL contact, chiding the local radio club members to "GET ON THE RADIO" or "CW CW CW". Wes was someone who knew what they wanted out of life but having it placed just beyond his immediate grasp. None-the-less, always striving to do better, to achieve, to learn more, to create more. And always willing to go the extra mile for some people... It's been said before but I'll say it again "Alpha Kilo just became more rare".

I will certainly miss the man, his presence and his "This is WL7 FOX" on the local VHF repeater system as he drove back and forth from Fairbanks to his QTH - near Skinny Dicks roadside lodge in the early AM or late evenings, calling and calling and calling.... Always on the radio.

God Speed my friend. May you find peace. The world is lesser without your presence....

Dan KL1JP

KT7WW, KL7TH and AL7F like this.