SOLD Wes Hayward-designed Mountaineer QRP 40 M rig

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by WA2IAX, Apr 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA2IAX

WA2IAX Ham Member QRZ Page

Home-brew trans-receiver built by me about 1979. When I was using it years ago it worked well for many contacts. Side tone was intermittent. Rig does not work now; weak hum on rcv; quiet on xmit but can hear keying as clicks. Battery seems to work but cannot charge up more than about 10 V. Included: copies of original article with schematics and cb artwork, parts list and purchase order to Allied radio for parts. Hope someone can revive it. 5 xtals: 7.045, .052, .057, .060, .063. switchsble. Built in "plunger-type" key seems to be OK. Jacks on front panel for: Charging batt, Aux key, Earphone, Ant, Aux pwr. Controls: On-off tog sw, T/R tog sw, Key, Xtal sel sw, Rcvr tuning. Rcvr main tuning coil [L2] has been covered with shielding can to eliminate wild microphonics. Circuit companion cap [120 pf] has been removed to get rcvr back into 40 M band. When I was using it years ago it worked well for many contacts. Side tone was intermittent. Will be happy to sell for $40 plus your payment for shipping

Attached Files:

2. WA2IAX

Please delete listing. Item has been sold. Thank you

3. WA2IAX

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.