Well the CEO has done it again

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm pretty sure this is a conspiracy...

2. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

More difficult but not impossible.

I have 86,317 QSO in my log that represent lots of rag chews, DX, Contest, CW, SSB, Lots of different digital modes. K1ZZ in in my log 28 times from 2003 to 2019 from 160 meters through 10 meters, CW and SSB. KB2ITX is nil. In the last 30 days K1zz has been spotted by DX stations all over the world on DXsummit 16 times on 80 through 6 meters. KB2ITX is nil. K1ZZ last upload to LoTW was 14 Jan 2020. KB2ITX has no log data on LoTW. There are lots of other ways to see if someone has been active to the extent of being able to comprehend concerns of a wide range of active hams.

NB3R and WN1MB like this.
  3. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds a little like Gen. Sherman. If drafted I will not run; if nominated I will not accept; if elected I will not serve. The garden state can't hold you against your will. Break out!

4. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

WB2ITX not KB2ITX
    LoTW is useful if you wish to apply for awards. Contesters upload to LoTW as a courtesy to the hams who work them in contests.

As far as I know, there is no reason to use LoTW if you only operate 2M from New England.
    VUCC is pretty much impossible on 2M unless you are willing to work meteor scatter skeds or EME.
    6M DXCC, on the other hand, is certainly a possibility from New England with LoTW and no paper cards.

5. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I favor the "try before the Board buys" period. ;)

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

At the very least there should be a "RMA for full refund" policy :)

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm...

This reminds me of something...

“Hey Doc! It hurts every time I do this! What do you suggest?”

“Simple! Quit doing that!”

W7UUU likes this.
  8. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Me either. I have forums bookmarked and go straight to forums. I realize I miss some stuff that way at times, though.

9. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Oops, had the call wrong. That info did apply to WB2ITX not KB2ITX.

And yes, no single thing is an indicator of whether you are an active ham. But if you are active to the level that a CEO of ARRL should be, there would be evidence of it somewhere. At least active enough for some period of time in your ham radio career to gain insight into the interests and concerns of several aspects of ham radio. Even if you are currently restricted by covenants or whatever.

10. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I did hear WB2ITX on 2M FM simplex in Newington. I don't think there is a spotting network for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.