Well the CEO has done it again

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

There was consideration to move the ARRL some years ago when Tom Gallagher was CEO. It was to a more climate friendly locale and lower cost place in the South. Nobody moves to NJ. So I doubt HQ will either.

K3XR, WW2PT and K1OIK like this.
  2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just stay out of the industrial belt centered on US 1 and I-95, essentially the NYC to Philly corridor... NJ is a beautiful state outside that general area.

3. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, exactly like you. Who says you have to leave? Sure, maybe make the trek a maybe twice a month - maybe, but with Skype and other modern communications tools (including amateur radio, ahem), why couldn't you live in NJ and, for the most part, telecommute? Why should you have to be 'roaming the halls' every day?

With "100 full- and part-time staff members." (source) and such staff as @W1BXY (very impressed - source), and your resume/history (source - check out the straight key she is using in her vehicle - cool), you have my vote.

K2WPM likes this.
  4. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Too late to edit, but I did not want to imply use of amateur radio for a commercial purpose, but rather the inclusion and experimentation of technologies that could support commercial interests in case of an SHTF condition - e.g., data transfer and such that are not voice-oriented.

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

What happened to the thread about the new interim guy?

Are we not allowed to discuss important things here?

K1OIK likes this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

7. K1VSK

KP4SX likes this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not correct.

Two entirely differently titled threads.

There were several of them. The primary thread is right smack at the very top of "Amateur Radio News"

You can see the current FIFTEEN pages (and growing) of it here: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...-arrl-interim-ceo.688708/page-14#post-5332113

Not exactly "buried" - it's on the FRONT PAGE of QRZ.

front page.PNG

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    WW2PT likes this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Well the CEO has done it again

Well, that CEO is out. Nothing much to see here now. Move along. :D:p
    nothingtoseemovealong.gif

10. K1VSK

Got it. My mistake.
    Didn’t look there. Never paid any attention to this “news” page.

K1OIK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.