Well the CEO has done it again

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Nah. He’s missing January. THAT was an April issue!, :cool:

2. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

License class is easy enough to ascertain. Do your own homework.

On the air activity is more difficult to determine.

K0UO likes this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish they could clone him. He was an active ham and in touch with the ham community. One of us. Didn't hide from emails, etc.
    Some might be critical of that because he is now considered an old school Boomer and maybe not so in touch with the Winlink/digital crowd. You can criticise that ...or not. It depends.

K1OIK, K0UO and WN1MB like this.
  4. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, for me I'd like to see someone who is active with any of these areas; open source software, makerspace community, education.

If I don't see ties to any of those areas when I research their name, thumbs down from me.

5. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think I have enough ham radio experience to satisfy the QRZ crowd for CEO, as I've been too busy growing roses. But I've worked at least nine current Division Directors. I wonder if anyone can top that?

K0UO likes this.
  6. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes

KD8TUT and KE0GXN like this.
  7. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have worked one of them a couple of times, that’s neither here nor there. I would be happy with a CEO who would just even casually operate...not looking for a avid DXer or contester, just someone that actually uses a radio every once and a while. Is that too much to ask for if you are going to be the Chief Executive Officer of a radio club/organization?

WD4IGX and K0UO like this.
  8. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Two meter FM doesn't count...;)

WD4IGX and K1OIK like this.
  9. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Most of the Directors hold Extra class licenses. Only two hold General - Matt Holden, K0BBC (Director, Dakota Division) and John Robert Stratton, N5AUS (Director, West Gulf Division).

All of the Vice-Directors are Extras except for Ed Hudgens, WB4RHQ (Vice-Director, Delta Division) and Robert Wareham, N0ESQ (Vice-Director, Rocky Mountain Division) who are both Generals.

K7VZ likes this.
  10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Considering your experience, your knowledge of the League, your familiarity with the Board... and your experience growing roses, which tells me you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, and you’re used to working with manure...

You’re perfect for the job.

But I’m not sure I’d wish this on you. I have too much respect for you!

WW2PT and K0UO like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.