Well the CEO has done it again

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe. Point is, many months, many hams pay no attention to the editorial, regardless of who wrote it, or what it’s about.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

But that doesn't negate the ones that do.

N7EKU and WN1MB like this.
  3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Neither does it minimize the disconnect. As you imply, we shouldn’t take ambivalence by some as an indication there is no problem.

N7EKU and WN1MB like this.
  4. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

True, and about 80% of hams pay no attention to ARRL, regardless of who supports it, or why, or what it's purportedly about.

True, we could interpret ambivalence as boredom, apathy, antipathy, or complete disinterest, or as an indication that some have tried and failed to implement solutions, but as it appears all hope is lost, ambivalence becomes a refuge of last resort.

5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Depends of course on what one means by "professional."

Most of us have good jobs where we are good at getting things done, some of those things requiring pretty complex training and/or knowledge.

We are also good, though, at recognizing obfuscating gobbldegoop at what it is and are not the kind of "professionals" who sling that kind of nonsense for a living (general because those people can't actually get anything done.)

ND6M likes this.
  6. WD4IGX

Dingdingding. You win the thread.

NL7W and G3ZPF like this.
  7. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

WJ4U likes this.
  8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

You missed the point (again).

I’m not saying, necessarily, that you’re wrong. I’m saying that the opinions of The Usual Suspects here may not be a fair representation or cross-section of the bulk of Amateurs.

9. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Let’s review who missed the point:

You said “many hams pay no attention...” to the editorials. Not a very complex observation.

And your “usual suspects” comment was clearly intended as a not very subtle derogatory description of anyone who has an opinion which differs from yours critical of the CEO’s rhetoric.

Further, the “bulk of amateurs” don’t even care enough to be League members. That says everything about why they don’t read his editorials BS. Those of us who are members and do read the editorials have valid criticisms you dismiss. We are representative of the people who care.

NL7W and WN1MB like this.
  10. WD4IGX

You don't know very much about my philosophy. I can guarantee you that.

I can also quote Shakespeare. I'm not impressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.