Well the CEO has done it again

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sure she will be excited to be included!

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A quote from a management discourse:

"Management doublespeak is more than harmless business babble. It seeks to obscure with words that hedge and elevate leaders above their teams."

"Adjusted trajectory of work" is nothing but a word search to say "change the work process". It's obscure, it hedges, and implicates that management knows something the workers don't about their work.

I will say that our ARRL CEO has put forth some interesting ideas in his last message. Perhaps he is "changing his process". Responding to a perceived problem is something desirable in leadership IMO.

N0TZU likes this.
  3. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems to me he's experiencing significant cultural resistance in the form of customer dissonance. The inability to resonate with the existing structures and work flows. A lack of synergy, as it were, between communication modes employed between the persons of custodial responsibility and the financial benefactors of the organization while launching an embryonic publication....

He could have just said: "Hey we're launching a new magazine- what to you guys think?".

4. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Depends perhaps on the size of the organization and how the members communicate. I'd expect to see a lot of it in an organization the size of United Airlines or Safeway. They probably have numerous positions "above" middle management levels. Probably wouldn't expect to hear it from Elecrafty, some company down the road assembling suitcases, or the local constabulary.

5. KC1DR

KC1DR Subscriber QRZ Page

If you Google "bullshit bingo" you will find a very educational game that will bring you up to speed on these terms! Quite helpful!
    t

N7WR and WN1MB like this.
  6. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, she would smile politely while thinking whoever spoke in those terms is a jerk trying to show off. Very astute woman.

7. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Another "bingo" or "bullseye"! Your choice. ;)

8. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bingo!

9. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is he? Are you sure?

Yes, there’s a lot of “cultural resistance” around here. But are you REALLY sure that transmits to Amateur Radio as a group, outside theses digital walls?

I’ve asked quite a few local hams about the CEO’s missives, over the last few weeks. Most common answer? “I never read that (stuff), so who cares?”

10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

A symptom of a greater problem.

WD0BCT likes this.