Well the CEO has done it again

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Inclu
    Inclusion? Where in that litany of meaningless jargon did you find any attempt or intent to include us?

NN4RH likes this.
  2. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

he's providing us insight into the strategy / thought process behind their plans and actions. He assumed we would appreciate that.

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No. He's spouting jargon. He assumed we'd be impressed by it.

WW2PT, NK2U, W4POT and 3 others like this.
  4. K1VSK

I wish you were right. However, even if you are correct, that shows “inclusion” in the process nowhere. Inclusion requires action, not fashionable jargon.

5. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

i hate jargon as much as the next person but at some point jargon become just every-day language. Everyone knows what a 'silo' is in this context so why not use it? Are more words used to convey the same message better? anyone who's had a job in the past decade - and isnt just complaining for the sake of complaining - understands what he's saying & doing.

6. K1VSK

I guess that excludes those of us who own, manage and run a company from comprehending how using fashionable words which say nothing equates to inclusion. I’ll have to ask my receptionist.

7. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

you should. I'm sure she'd appreciate being included.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No, not really.

WN6U and WN1MB like this.
  9. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with you.

Notwithstanding an appeal to authority: My experience leads me to believe that when those terms show up in the board room or in upper management there is trouble in the future.

My opinion could be wrong. Could be wrong. But after being on corporate boards, reporting to CEOs, and having worked in the Fortune 500- when the word "synergy" pops up my resume goes to the recruiter that day.

It's just such a snow-job.

One time there was a presentation by a fellow manager which sought to "Achieve Synergy through Parallelized Tasks".

He could have just written a 5 minute memo about running two processes at once by adding a second workflow. But he wasted 2 hours describing a simple concept with vague weasel-words and pretty PowerPoint. Maybe to be perceived as a "smart guy".

Oh... and Agile is a cult. There I said it.

KD5MXA, KC2XU and WN1MB like this.
  10. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bingo! Or bullseye. Your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.