ad: AlphaRF-1

Well the CEO has done it again

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No it isn’t. But, why can’t the piece, any piece, stand or fall on its own merit without being harshly judged based on resentment that, in some cases, has been there for decades.

2. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Would it be the end of the world if a decision was made to revert back to the pre-CEO period of ARRL management? That was a serious question.

WD4IGX and N4QX like this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It wouldn't be the end of the world. However, it would be contrary to the silo-vertical gobbledygook narrative of the current CEO.

WD4IGX and K8BZ like this.
  4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don’t think anyone has mentioned any grounds for firing the guy.

We dont know whether or not he’s a good CEO. Maybe he’s a very good CEO as a manager, but just a lousy editorial writer. Managing business of a corporation is not necessarily the same skill as communicating with, motivating, educating, leading the membership. The problem of his editorials being seen as jokes and him not really being respected as an active ham should be fixable without firing anyone, by just having someone else write the editorials. Or rotate that chore amongst other ARRL officers, department heads, directors, even invite guest editorials from outside.

So unless there’s other concerns behind the scenes, I don’t see that firing him solves anything.

WJ4U likes this.
  5. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My suspicion is there ARE other issues behind the scenes.

K1OIK likes this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The ill conceived "Put Howard to work" fiasco is hard to ignore...

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Haha- that could be what happened!

8. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

Your "suspicions" mean nothing.

Wild accusations and locker room talk don't equal anything factual.

You're trying to create a narrative based on your opinions with these threads. Your opinions or anyone else's don't equate fact.

This kind of crap has been rampant in some segments of media since the fairness doctrine went away. It's speculative only and patently dishonest.

VK4HAT likes this.
  9. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

^^ This.

Opinions != Facts and its all about sewing discord to achieve ones agenda. There are plenty in ham radio using the fake news and alternative facts doctrine being used in politics. Frankly I do not like it and find it repugnant. In Vk our 5th estate is called rasa.

10. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don’t think anyone has mentioned any grounds for keeping him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.