Well Stuff Happens

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Dec 4, 2019 at 12:09 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Today was the day my wife expected her new callsign KU7SA to be granted, and it was. It is a callsign we will use in certain contests like WPX as we operate under the U S Patriots Contest Club. While she is not real active on the air she was anticipating making her first contact using the new callsign with our daughter who is also a licensed amateur radio operator--I was going to be the second contact.

As fate would have it this morning she fell on the ice and broke her hip. As I type she is enroute to the best hospital in Central Oregon where tomorrow morning a very good orthopedic surgeon will repair the damage.

I would thank those so inclined to pray to do so for her recovery. While she is younger than I am she is no spring chicken and broken hips are the bane of senior citizens.

2. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear that. Wish her a quick and uneventful recovery.

I've been doing balance exercises. It has been a lot easier to do ladder work since I've started doing them.

N7WR likes this.
  3. KD4IEM

KD4IEM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear that Jerry. Wish her a speedy recovery and the best to your family during the holidays.

N7WR likes this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Best wishes!

N7WR likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear :(

Best wishes to you and her - I wish a full recovery and look forward to hearing her new call in an upcoming contest

Dave
    W7UUU

N7WR likes this.
  6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m very sorry to hear about your wife’s injury, and I pray for a speedy recovery. I hope it didn’t involve complications leading to a joint replacement.

N7WR and W7UUU like this.
  7. N5AL

N5AL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Best wishes to her for a full and speedy recovery.

N7WR likes this.
  8. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear that Jerry. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

N7WR likes this.
  9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

done!

N7WR likes this.
  10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Also very sorry to hear about this Jerry,

And... welcome to the club, a membership I wouldn’t wish on anyone else. (The Boss had an unfortunate encounter between her car and another one, her broken leg is mending. And at least she’s home now from the hospital & rehab facility)

N7WR likes this.