ad: CQMM-1

Welfare Check - How Goes Your Quarantine?

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by NW7US, Apr 20, 2020.

?

During my stay-at-home quarantine,

1. I use ham radio more than before

2. I use ham radio less than before

3. I use ham radio about the same as before

4. I don't use ham radio at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NW7US

NW7US Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a welfare check on you. Please leave a comment on how you are faring, what is happening in your situation with the lock-down.

Are you quarantined? Working from home? Did you lose your job? How are you doing during this crazy time?

What is going on with you during this challenging situation?

I talk about what I’m doing, too. I'm quarantined at home. I can work from home, as I am a senior software engineer. I can do my job by remote access to a virtual workstation, through a secure VPN connection. I'm blessed that I still can work during this lock-down.

But, I have a medical emergency - a dental problem - and trying to be seen by a dentist is difficult, because all of the local dentists were told to shut down their daily business and quarantine. Only emergency appointments are being made! I was finally, after two days of phone calls, able to schedule an emergency visit to my dentist!

I want to know: How do you use amateur radio, now that we are all stuck at home? Are you using ham radio more, now? Less?

Please leave a comment to let me know how you are doing, and answer the other questions, too. I hope to hear from you.

I hope to meet you on the shortwave amateur radio bands. I am usually using Olivia, or Morse code CW. More information about Olivia: http://OliviaDigitalMode.net.

Be healthy, be safe, stay sane!

2. NW7US

NW7US Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a follow-up video.

It is SPRINGTIME in the Northern Hemisphere. That means... new life! In this time of quarantine, it is a joy to see nature in bloom. This video is a follow-up to the last video that I posted about 30 days ago.

Best regards,
    Tomas / NW7US

3. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Welfare check? I thought maybe this was a commentary on the Stimulus packages.

4. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Kitsap County WA is set to move into Phase 2, Version 1 any time now.

When the quarantine started, I was volunteering at the local elementary school as I usually do, when the principal's voice came over the 1MC.
    "You schmuck!" I thought. "Schools have PA systems, not 1MCs!"

Then the announcement: teachers have students take ALL of their books, backpacks, coats, hats and other accouterments out to the buses. Not realizing that the students' accouterments would need another vehicle to transport them all AND the students. Volunteers were thanked and asked to leave the parking lot before the buses arrived.

Wife and I are doing fine.

5. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I am working from home and doing telehealth phone and video conferences with patients much more than ever. I am also overwhelmed with moderating QRZ as it seems the idiots have come out of the word work! OK, just kidding there! LOL!

All is well here. We in ham radio have been socially distancing for a hundred years. Ham radio has been there and kept me busy during times I would have been doing something else. It's also kept me out of my XYL's hair and given her some space as well. All in all, everything is fine but hoping COVID-19 burns itself out soon.

...................Bob W4PG

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

One good thing about the quarantine: at least the drivers that are out there in the greater Lincoln, NE, area are safer with you recording YouTube videos from your house rather than while driving your car in traffic.

WJ4U likes this.
  7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't qualify for welfare. Received the stimulus check. Filed for unemployment and got a confirmation letter but not a penny after eight weeks.

Been cleaning up the house and playing radio when I can. Come to QRZ to harass the mods once in a while (just kidding :D)

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

No, I really don't believe that is true....

:D:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KB0MLR

KB0MLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing much different for me as I still go to work every day. Unless the good taxpayers of the State of Kansas wants to accommodate 2400 prisoners in their homes, I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.

However, I am getting damned tired of having nowhere to go and nothing to do.

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not get a welfare check, But I did receive a stimulus check and a letter from the POTUS.

That was nice of Donald. :) I guess I should write back thanking him. Maybe send him a mask also.

11. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

there is talk of a second stimulus check, $6000 per household. I'm not holding my breath, but if it comes, solar panels and a vast inverter first, then a 12 gauge and a .22lr pistol, then get a second car running.