Welcome to the youth forum!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KJ5T, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AK7V

AK7V Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on the forum!  I'm 29, so not quite a youth anymore, but it'll be fun to check in now and then and see what you're up to.

Have fun and 73!

2. WA5KRP

WA5KRP Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW! Yagotit!

Congratulations. I came into amateur radio at age 14. Unfortunately, that was 42 years ago. But there's a kid still locked in this aging body that sneaks out more often than I care to admit.

Hope ya'll have a lot of fun. Don't be scarce in the other forums. I'm being overwhelmed by grouchy old men!

WA5KRP
    Texas

3. W4ROT

W4ROT Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets see
    That's 14 plus 42.
    Wow he's 852 years old!
    Cool.
    All kidding aside...Gents and Ladies..Enjoy!
    Be cool
    Go to school.
    w4rot

4. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Absolutely great Steve.

From an OF 55 year courmougoun ( my word! my wife says ) I congratulate you.

5. AD5UT

AD5UT Ham Member QRZ Page

16 y/o extra here, got my license a couple of years ago. Nice to have a youth forum on QRZ.

6. KE5FRP

KE5FRP Ham Member QRZ Page

A lot of truth to that, Danny! But there's nothing wrong with it- you've always got a smile on your face and you're having fun!

As for me, I'm 14 now, was licensed last summer, when I was 13. Took the test at the 2005 Boy Scout National Jamboree... that was a blast! Their K2BSA setup was sweet. I only operated there a little bit, unfortunately, but it (along with the whole Jambo) was a blast. Any chance anyone else was there? I'm hoping to go in 2010 as part of the K2BSA staff- as soon as I find out where to apply, I'm signing up.

Well, I'm glad to see a youth forum, for the young and the young at heart (I've noticed there are many of those around)!

7. WV6Z

WV6Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Been busy for a few days, glad to see this area here..... best of luck!

8. KG4YUV

KG4YUV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well this is wonderful. Glad to see we finally have it, a thanks to Fred indeed! Perhaps over time more of us younger ones will be deemed moderators over the youth forum.

For those of you that don't read sigs, I'm a 17 year old extra.

9. M3KCK

M3KCK Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations to Steve/KD5OWO on becoming Moderator of this new forum.

I first got interested in Radio when I was 11 years old and 25 years later I am still enjoying it!

I wish you all well with the new forum and above all, Enjoy your Radio [​IMG]
    Best 73
    Regards,
    Andrew M3KCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.