Welcome to the youth forum!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by KJ5T, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a moment that many of the youth hams, among others, have been waiting for. The idea has come up several times, and today we see it. A special thank you goes out to Fred, AA7BQ, for placing the forum here today. Also thank you to those who have supported the idea. First off let me introduce myself, I am a 17 year old active amateur radio operator. I started in the hobby nearly five years ago with my Technician class ticket. Over the last five years I worked my way up to the top class license. My interests in radio include (but are not limited to) Digital Modes, DX, Contesting, Rag-chewing, SWLing, and CW. I plan on, and I hope others will join, to be posting various different topics of interest to youth radio operators and future radio operators. I have been talking to various youth hams, and we hope that this forum will become a place to spotlight various youth activities, and youth operators who have made a difference in the world of radio. We also hope to target youth hams who are not so active, in sharing ideas and projects that could help them become more active. This will be a great place for students to stop by and learn about amateur radio from a youth perspective. I am very glad that we have the chance to put this forum in place.

73'
    Steve/KD5OWO

One of the QRZ Youth Forum Moderators

MI0YLT likes this.
  2. N3CA

N3CA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sweet! I wonder what other young hams lurk here..

MI0YLT likes this.
  3. KC0KBH

KC0KBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Neato! I think you will make a great mod, Steve. Thanks Fred!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. K7ALY

K7ALY Ham Member QRZ Page

Coolness, a QRZ youth forum.

19 years old, ham since 9, glad to join in.

MI0YLT likes this.
  5. KC0KBH

I first got licensed in 2001 at the age of 9. I was heavily into CB for a few years, prior to that. A couple years ago, I got my dad and brother to get their licenses. I got my General a couple years ago, also.

6. VK2TIL

VK2TIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Only sixty-one years old here; still young!!!

Seriously, you young blokes are the future of radio and, in many cases, of the electronics industry itself.

May your sense of fun and discovery never diminish.

7. K7FE

K7FE QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Best of luck to you Steve and the newest addition to QRZ forums.

My 15 year old son tested today and passed his Tech license, so he will have a great spot to check in to see what other young people are doing.

Terry, K7FE

8. ACDC22

ACDC22 QRZ Member

I'am 16 years old. I'am very very very pleased to see this go up. I'am very pleased. Thank you very much!

9. KC0KBH

Terry,
    Thank you for moderating the posts in a certain topic, over in the Moderator's section. Were those personal attacks directed towards me? I sure hope nothing like that happens around here, and if so, Steve catches it quickly. [​IMG]

10. NF2C

NF2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve,
    Best of luck and I believe this will be another interesting area.... A young 44 here but still love it all......Hope to see you on HF...
    73, Chris NF2C [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.